[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Print servers?

evil_gop_liars

Can you just use an old computer and do windows printer sharing?

That's what I do. I have an old laptop that the lcd burned out on, and I use it as a print server for a few printers.

Or just use your main computer as a server and connect thru the router. I can print from any of my computers (3 wireless) by simply setting each up w/ a default printer from the main system. FWIW...I have 2 printers...the ink jet is the default, but I can still print to my old laser from any of the LT's w/ no problem.

EGP,

i can walk you thru this a few minutes. PM me your phone # w/ a time that's good for you and we can set this up. NP!

Or just use your main computer as a server and connect thru the router. I can print from any of my computers (3 wireless) by simply setting each up w/ a default printer from the main system. FWIW...I have 2 printers...the ink jet is the default, but I can still print to my old laser from any of the LT's w/ no problem.

EGP,

i can walk you thru this a few minutes. PM me your phone # w/ a time that's good for you and we can set this up. NP!

This what I'm currently doing, but this is in my office an all computers are laptops so if 1 computer is gone you are unable to print. So I'm looking for a solution that I can print when any computer is there.

This what I'm currently doing, but this is in my office an all computers are laptops so if 1 computer is gone you are unable to print. So I'm looking for a solution that I can print when any computer is there.

Understand...you have NO SERVER (Main PC on all the time w/ the printer connected) so to speak, Correct?

They do have USB servers, but the printer has to have wireless, but I have no experience w/ them. They also have printers w/ wireless capabilities, but no experience there either. Easiest solution...keep one PC as the main and rout printing thru it, but it has to be hard wired or you need a new printer.

Sorry I couldn't help more. BTW....My offer is still open, but not sure what I can do.

Good luck.

Understand...you have NO SERVER (Main PC on all the time w/ the printer connected) so to speak, Correct?

They do have USB servers, but the printer has to have wireless, but I have no experience w/ them. They also have printers w/ wireless capabilities, but no experience there either. Easiest solution...keep one PC as the main and rout printing thru it, but it has to be hard wired or you need a new printer.

Sorry I couldn't help more. BTW....My offer is still open, but not sure what I can do.

Good luck.

Your essential correct, I do use one computer as a server but I have 1 external HDD and 1 printer connected to that one. The other computer has two printers connected to it and there is a third computer that connects to the network. Everything works fine as long as all computers are there but if computer one or two leaves printing becomes a hassle. So basically I want to have all printer and NAS come off of the router.

I've found a couple Tritton and D-Link but I don't know anything about either one. Anybody ever use these?