[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raiders sign Asomugha to biggest contract EVER for a DB

The Vatican Hitsquad

I have no idea how crazy Al did this, the team is in salary cap hell and is a complete mess. However he did it, I am very happy for both bits of news here!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?i...e=ESPNHeadlines

"The Oakland Raiders reached agreement with cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha on a $45.3 million, three-year contract that makes him the highest-paid defensive back in NFL history.

Sources said Asomugha is guaranteed $28.5 million in a complicated deal that features a provision in which the entire contract can be guaranteed if the Raiders decide to keep the 27-year-old for the third season.

This was the second major re-signing by the Raiders in two days; on Wednesday, Shane Lechler agreed to a four-year, $16 million contract, the richest ever for a punter.

Both deals were negotiated by agent Tom Condon, with Raiders owner Al Davis having significant involvement in brokering the agreements."

This is the best news I've heard out of Oakland in a long, long time. I am overjoyed right now.

Sure, it's not a Superbowl or a division title or anything like that - but for anyone who has any idea of what Raider fans have been put through over the past six seasons - this is huge.

In addition to being the best man-to-man coverage DB in the NFL, Asomugha is an upstanding person and contributor in the community - a leader on and off the field, and a great example of how a professional football player should carry themselves. He has been a California local boy his entire life, and is a fan favorite in Oakland. I am so glad management got this one right.

Al Davis - I still hate you. But for just one day... :wacko:

Details are saying it's $29 million over the first two years, and the Raiders have the option to retain him a third - however his salary for the third year would be $16.8 million or the franchise tag amount for quarterbacks that off season, whichever is higher.

Edited by kpholmes

Details are saying it's $29 million over the first two years, and the Raiders have the option to retain him a third - however his salary for the third year would be $16.8 million or the franchise tag amount for quarterbacks that off season, whichever is higher.

Thank god cause Kyle would have needed a suicide watch the entire season.

When the signing of a player elicits :D:D:D:D:D:D:smash::pokey::slap::guns::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

something may wrong in Raiderland. :wacko:

We've had nothing but busted rookies and overpaid washouts for the past six seasons.

Like I said, it's no championship - but it's definitely a glimmer of hope for the Raider faithful.

Now that Asomugha is giving Oakland another chance, maybe Kirk Morrison will consider the same.

We've had nothing but busted rookies and overpaid washouts for the past six seasons.

Like I said, it's no championship - but it's definitely a glimmer of hope for the Raider faithful.

Now that Asomugha is giving Oakland another chance, maybe Kirk Morrison will consider the same.

Both of those guys would have been signed quickly by other teams, who would have shelled out a lot of money. And both signings would have been regarded as great news (I believe talk of Asomugha to New Orleans or New England were talked about as being "the final piece).

So, for Raider fans it's great news considering at this point, I was anticipating losing at least 1 of the two better (if not best) players on the team.

Both of those guys would have been signed quickly by other teams, who would have shelled out a lot of money. And both signings would have been regarded as great news (I believe talk of Asomugha to New Orleans or New England were talked about as being "the final piece).

So, for Raider fans it's great news considering at this point, I was anticipating losing at least 1 of the two better (if not best) players on the team.

Oh yeah. They seem to be making the right moves after the Hall and Walker debacles. Al Davis looks old but is lucid when I hear him speak. If ony he could hire a football boss and let him run things

I still like Johnnie Lee Higgins and Michael Bush. Any chance they trade Bush?

Oh yeah. They seem to be making the right moves after the Hall and Walker debacles. Al Davis looks old but is lucid when I hear him speak. If ony he could hire a football boss and let him run things

You won't get many of us to argue there. If he would just step back and let a coach coach, and a GM be a GM, then we wouldn't be in this mess or at least would see a way out. The hardest part is that he makes these moves that sound insane and make no sense, then you hear him speak and he SOUNDS like he has all of his marbles.... so then it makes even LESS sense to us. But at least these signings are in the places where the money shoudl go.

I still like Johnnie Lee Higgins and Michael Bush. Any chance they trade Bush?

Like both, but I'm not sure Higgins is our answer at WR that Al implies he is/could be. Mike Bush, though, should stay. DMC hasn't shown what I've seen Bush show yet, so no way would I want them to trade him. I hope we keep that whole crew at RB in fact (all 3)

Any chance they trade Bush?

Not likely.

Like your league's worst trader, Al overvalues his players.

Bush was almost packing his bags for Southern California last season the day before the trade deadline, but then Al decided he would only take a second round pick for him and SD said "no thanks."

Not likely.

Like your league's worst trader, Al overvalues his players.

Bush was almost packing his bags for Southern California last season the day before the trade deadline, but then Al decided he would only take a second round pick for him and SD said "no thanks."

I've had some league mates that are pretty bad. PM sent to protect privacy.