[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No earmarks

driveby

Not an excuse. Proportionally, more of the earmarks are Republican than Democrat. It's therefore odd to hear howls of Republican outrage about earmarks, isn't it?

BTW, either way we're talking about a very small percentage of the overall bill here but let that pass for the moment.

My original howl was referring to Obama campaigning on the no earmarks pledge - no matter how you want to parse it - and then loading every bill up with more earmarks than West Virginia's dog has fleas.

Not an excuse. Proportionally, more of the earmarks are Republican than Democrat. It's therefore odd to hear howls of Republican outrage about earmarks, isn't it?

BTW, either way we're talking about a very small percentage of the overall bill here but let that pass for the moment.

At first I was outraged by Republicans for throwing earmarks in there, as I can't stand them and think they should be done away with. Now though, I'm wondering if they threw them in there knowing they didn't have enough votes to vote down this ridiculous spending bill, hoping that the democrats would not vote for it because of the earmarks. Kind of playing a game of chicken and losing. Still I'm disgusted at both parties.

My original howl was referring to Obama campaigning on the no earmarks pledge - no matter how you want to parse it - and then loading every bill up with more earmarks than West Virginia's dog has fleas.

We haven't had a dog since someone stole my last pup. I'm still lookin' for that sumabinch.

Det is right. It appears Obama failed 3rd grade English as well as 3rd grade Math. Oh well, dummies in, dummies out. It would be nice to get someone smart in there for a change instead of the losers for the past 20 years....one can only hope.

:wacko: