[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Milwaukee Bucks

Men In Tights

How about them Milwaukee Bucks. After reading all the "experts" predicting 20-wins tops, I am loving how well they are playing without their former "all-stars" and "coach". Sam Cassell, Ray Allen, and Glenn Robinson were all about how many shots/points they got, how many All-Star games they played in, and if the team won and they got theirs, they were happy. On the other hand, if they didn't get theirs, they weren't quite as happy.

In todays age of "me first" NBA, I am loving the fact we have TJ Ford, Desmond Mason, Michael Redd, Joe Smith, Dan Gadzuric, Toni Kukoc, Brian Skinner, Tim Thomas, Damon Jones, etc... Desmond is a human highlight film, and they all play defense and are unselfish. Not to mention Terry Porter is doing a great job in his first year.

Any other Bucks fans care to chime in???

I am an avid fantasy roundballer. This makes me a bucks fan since i grabbed redd in the fourth. Mason however sucks, he jumps realy high but hes not that good. How many games have you seen him take over?

I don't believe it is Mason's job to take over a game. He is coming off the bench and I am glad no one on this team feels they need to take over a game. The Bucks had 3-guys that felt they could take over a game and look where it got them.

Not sure why you are so hard Desmond Mason, the guy has highlight reel dunks and is fun to watch. Not only that but he gives effort on defense and rebounding. That is something many of your guys that can take over a game fail to do.

Men In Tights:

I don't believe it is Mason's job to take over a game.  He is coming off the bench and I am glad no one on this team feels they need to take over a game.  The Bucks had 3-guys that felt they could take over a game and look where it got them. 

Not sure why you are so hard Desmond Mason, the guy has highlight reel dunks and is fun to watch.  Not only that but he gives effort on defense and rebounding.  That is something many of your guys that can take over a game fail to do.

Desmond Mason = Darvin Ham

polksalet

Um, NO. Des can shoot from more than 1 foot out.

I'm VERY pleased with the Bucks progress. Porter looks to be a brilliant hire, and all things being equal, they look to have easily absorbed the losses of Big Dog and Ray. Cassell was harder to replace on-court, but the subtraction of his off-court persona may have done as much good as anything.

Hopefully, as the salcap/budget ramifications of A Mason, George Karl, etc burn off, they'll be able to afford to make a run at some better frontcourt talent - Tim Thomas has been having a decent year, but it appears he'll never live up to his potential (or contract, for that matter).

Chavez:

polksalet

Um, NO. Des can shoot from more than 1 foot out.

I'm VERY pleased with the Bucks progress. Porter looks to be a brilliant hire, and all things being equal, they look to have easily absorbed the losses of Big Dog and Ray. Cassell was harder to replace on-court, but the subtraction of his off-court persona may have done as much good as anything.

Hopefully, as the salcap/budget ramifications of A Mason, George Karl, etc burn off, they'll be able to afford to make a run at some better frontcourt talent - Tim Thomas has been having a decent year, but it appears he'll never live up to his potential (or contract, for that matter).

They have no right to have a record like that. Theyre frontcourt is prob the worst in the league which is another tribute to redds greatness.

Brian skinner, are you kidding me?

I am assuming the only players that will please you polkaset are the top fantasy players. But in the real NBA you need more than just stat hogs. For teams to succeed you need players willing to do the dirty work, rebound, defend, and work hard without the offensive numbers. You can rip on the entire Bucks team, but as a Bucks fan, I like this team better than any previous team because of the fact guys don't need their numbers to be happy. A win makes them happy.

With the above being said, Tim Thomas doesn't appear to be worth all the money they paid him for one great postseason when he was the 4th option behind Cassell, Big Dog, and Allen.

Men In Tights:

I am assuming the only players that will please you polkaset are the top fantasy players.  But in the real NBA you need more than just stat hogs.  For teams to succeed you need players willing to do the dirty work, rebound, defend, and work hard without the offensive numbers.  You can rip on the entire Bucks team, but as a Bucks fan, I like this team better than any previous team because of the fact guys don't need their numbers to be happy.  A win makes them happy.

With the above being said, Tim Thomas doesn't appear to be worth all the money they paid him for one great postseason when he was the 4th option behind Cassell, Big Dog, and Allen.

True, im an idiot for thinking Tim Duncan is as good as Skinner. :D

polksalet:

Men In Tights:

I am assuming the only players that will please you polkaset are the top fantasy players.  But in the real NBA you need more than just stat hogs.  For teams to succeed you need players willing to do the dirty work, rebound, defend, and work hard without the offensive numbers.  You can rip on the entire Bucks team, but as a Bucks fan, I like this team better than any previous team because of the fact guys don't need their numbers to be happy.  A win makes them happy.

True, im an idiot for thinking Tim Duncan is as good as Skinner. :DYou're an idiot for bringing up Tim Duncan and comparing him to Brian Skinner. I never said Skinner was as good as Duncan, and no where did you mention this before. The Bucks have no true stars at this time, but Michael Redd is on the verge. And for all of you that don't know, Redd was a 2nd round pick and worked is a$$ off to get where he is.

If you want to discuss this topic please make all your points at the same time instead of brining up stupid comments like comparing Duncan and Skinner out of the blue.

Excuse me for being excited about the Bucks since every "expert" predicted they would win 20 games tops the entire year.

Originally posted by polksalet:

lol lol

polksalet = fisherman, & a poor one at that. :D

Polky.... this looks very much like the Jason Kidd comment on the other thread. thinking

As far as the Bucks go, being from Wisconsin and living in Seattle..... I've got a unique view of this topic.

1.) Des Mason is hell & gone from Darvin Ham. He will not take over a game with his sharpshooting....but energizes the team & crowd when he comes into the game. Seattle drafted him in the 1st. round a few years back & dearly misses his presense now. Crowd fav here in Seattle & definitely the hardest part of the Allen - Payton trade for the Sonic faithful to handle.

2.) Getting rid of cry-baby George Karl & hiring Terry Porter was the best move the Bucks have made in years, IMHO. Growing up in LaCrosse in the 70's ... I watched Porter play for Stevens Point... he was unstoppable. His NBA career speaks for itself..... * it's obvious that he relates to the players & more importantly has the respect of his players. Very happy to see the Bucks doing well. thumbs_u

getting back to Des. He reminds me of a young player in Bucks lore from the 70's & 80's, outta Arkansas. This guy couldn't shoot from the outside very well..... but played WAY above the rim & used to energize the crowds @ the old mecca like no other.

Polky....seeing as you're Steven A. Smith.... do you know who I'm talk'in about ?

Down Goes Frazia:

getting back to Des. He reminds me of a young player in Bucks lore from the 70's & 80's, outta Arkansas. This guy couldn't shoot from the outside very well..... but played WAY above the rim & used to energize the crowds @ the old mecca like no other.

Polky....seeing as you're Steven A. Smith.... do you know who I'm talk'in about ?

You mean Sydney Moncrief or Paul Pressey? Sydney was from Arkansas.

chrishovanisanidiot:

Down Goes Frazia:

You mean Sydney Moncrief or Paul Pressey? Sydney was from Arkansas. Pressey went to Tulsa, I believe. Yes Sydney. thumbs_u

This is mason's fourth year. He is averaging.

13.2 points and 4.4 rebounds.

In moncrief's fourth year (82-83) he averaged.

22.8 points and 8.9 points.

As an aside in his fourth year Darvin Ham averaged.

3.8 points and 4.2 rebounds.

In points Mason is half way between Moncrief and Ham but dead on the rebound average. Therefore Mason is much closer to Ham than Moncrief.

polksalet:

As an aside in his fourth year Darvin Ham averaged.

3.8 points and 4.2 rebounds.

In points Mason is half way between Moncrief and Ham but dead on the rebound average. Therefore Mason is much closer to Ham than Moncrief.

He's not a starter. Sidney was. Sidney was also a great defender, def player of the year twice. Give Mason time.

There was 2-other great "leapers" that came out of college without a very good jump shot, one was Michael Jordan and the other was Vince Carter. I will not say Desmond Mason will ever be Michael Jordan (there will never be another Michael Jordan-the greatest player to ever play the game). But, I do think he could be better than Vince just because he plays solid defense.

If Desmond Mason was one your favorite team would you be ripping on him?

Men In Tights:

There was 2-other great "leapers" that came out of college without a very good jump shot, one was Michael Jordan and the other was Vince Carter.  I will not say Desmond Mason will ever be Michael Jordan (there will never be another Michael Jordan-the greatest player to ever play the game).  But, I do think he could be better than Vince just because he plays solid defense. 

If Desmond Mason was one your favorite team would you be ripping on him?

If he were on my favorite team he would be backing up Richard Hamilton.

polksalet

They have no right to have a record like that. Theyre frontcourt is prob the worst in the league which is another tribute to redds greatness.

Skinner is no all-star, but they seem to be getting a double-double from the center position (Skinner, Daniel "The Goon" Santiago, and Gadzuric) more nights than not; all things being equal, you can win with that production. Thomas is serviceable and capable of taking over a game at SF, and Joe Smith is admittedly below average at PF, but seems more than willing to do the dirty work needed to win.

I'd say their frontcourt is less than you'd like, but it's not the WORST in the league. Frontline, it's not great, but the depth gives them options there that many teams don't have.

Chavez:

polksalet

Skinner is no all-star, but they seem to be getting a double-double from the center position (Skinner, Daniel "The Goon" Santiago, and Gadzuric) more nights than not; all things being equal, you can win with that production. Thomas is serviceable and capable of taking over a game at SF, and Joe Smith is admittedly below average at PF, but seems more than willing to do the dirty work needed to win.

I'd say their frontcourt is less than you'd like, but it's not the WORST in the league. Frontline, it's not great, but the depth gives them options there that many teams don't have.

I like Gadzuric from an entertainment standpoint as he plays with a lot of energy and isnt intimidated by anyone. That being said who do you feel has a poorer front line? The only one I can come up with is Miami, maybe.

polksalet

I like Gadzuric from an entertainment standpoint as he plays with a lot of energy and isnt intimidated by anyone. That being said who do you feel has a poorer front line? The only one I can come up with is Miami, maybe.

I'd have to check stats, but you can't argue with production. The centers, Thomas, and Smith are tallying 35-40 pts and 20+ rebounds most games. Yeah, that's one GOOD game for Shaq and Duncan, but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken doo-doo.

Ideally, I'd like them to get a nice Ben Wallace type bruiser (who's that rebounding machine at UT? I forget his name...) at PF/C in the draft and maybe tab Mason as starter once Thomas contract is up.

Chavez:

polksalet

I'd have to check stats, but you can't argue with production. The centers, Thomas, and Smith are tallying 35-40 pts and 20+ rebounds most games. Yeah, that's one GOOD game for Shaq and Duncan, but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken doo-doo.

Ideally, I'd like them to get a nice Ben Wallace type bruiser (who's that rebounding machine at UT? I forget his name...) at PF/C in the draft and maybe tab Mason as starter once Thomas contract is up.

Dude, thats five guys to get that kind of production. That sucks hard because it hurts the rhythm of the game. The bucks are one michael redd injury from being a five win team.