[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Clifford Ball

Brentastic

For those of you into this band - I just got the 7 DVD box set tonight at Best Buy for $50!! By far the best concert release by them ever - it puts all the other post-hiatus sh!t to shame.

Anyways, if you know what I'm talking about here and are a fan of the band I highly recommend getting this 7 DVD set - it's fabulous!!

I know what you are talking about... but you neglected to mention the band's name anywhere in your post.

I went to the two days of Sugarbush the year before this show, and I went to the Great Went, Lemonwheel, and It... but I missed this show. I heard some of the shenanigans were a blast.

Did they have footage from when the band was playing on the back of the flatbed truck driving around the parking lot?

I know what you are talking about... but you neglected to mention the band's name anywhere in your post.

I went to the two days of Sugarbush the year before this show, and I went to the Great Went, Lemonwheel, and It... but I missed this show. I heard some of the shenanigans were a blast.

Did they have footage from when the band was playing on the back of the flatbed truck driving around the parking lot?

I was at Lemonwheel as well and had a frocking blast. The summer of 98 was such a great one for me - Pete Carini helped me and my friend set up our tent at Lemonwheel. I Met Trey backstage at VA Beach after the epic show where they played Terrapin Station. Ahhh, the memories. Got free tickets and backstage passes for a couple fall 98 shows from Carini (he's their drum tech in case you didn't know - there's a song named after him as well). Probably my favorite year to date.

Anyways, get the Clifford Ball - if you own any of the other official release DVDs, you will be very happy with this one. I have a few of the others and am always disappointed by them (poopyty shows, mostly because they're post-hiatus). This one is them in their prime and just blazes. And yes, they show the flatbed truck jam, although I haven't seen it yet. I just got it tonight and watched set 1. Today was the release date and Best Buy is selling it for only $50 - not sure if they will raise prices tomorrow (The retail is supposed to be $90).

I was at Lemonwheel as well and had a frocking blast. The summer of 98 was such a great one for me - Pete Carini helped me and my friend set up our tent at Lemonwheel. I Met Trey backstage at VA Beach after the epic show where they played Terrapin Station. Ahhh, the memories. Got free tickets and backstage passes for a couple fall 98 shows from Carini (he's their drum tech in case you didn't know - there's a song named after him as well). Probably my favorite year to date.

Anyways, get the Clifford Ball - if you own any of the other official release DVDs, you will be very happy with this one. I have a few of the others and am always disappointed by them (poopyty shows, mostly because they're post-hiatus). This one is them in their prime and just blazes. And yes, they show the flatbed truck jam, although I haven't seen it yet. I just got it tonight and watched set 1. Today was the release date and Best Buy is selling it for only $50 - not sure if they will raise prices tomorrow (The retail is supposed to be $90).

It never got better than 1995-1996 as far as I'm concerned. They were at the top of their game technically and musically.

I love Fishman's dischord harmony on that song. Everyone was screaming when they saw the lump.

By the way, I get the impression we could have had this conversation by pm. :wacko:

:D Only two Phish fans on The Huddle.

My favorite Phish year (recently discovered) is 1989/90. Trey is just on fire back then - they got better jamming as a band from 92-98 but for pure melt-your-face guitar shredding, 89/90 is where it's at. Have you ever seen these old videos from a 1987 show?? Great stuff, I especially love the

E2A: If you want some 89 shows, let me know and I'll direct you to where you can get free soundboards from that year (and many others).

Edited by Brentastic

:wacko: Only two Phish fans on The Huddle.

My favorite Phish year (recently discovered) is 1989/90. Trey is just on fire back then - they got better jamming as a band from 92-98 but for pure melt-your-face guitar shredding, 89/90 is where it's at. Have you ever seen these old videos from a 1987 show?? Great stuff, I especially love the

E2A: If you want some 89 shows, let me know and I'll direct you to where you can get free soundboards from that year (and many others).

I do!

I've been trying to collect all my old favorite tapes that I've lost over the years, and the specific one that I think I'm looking for is December 8, 1989 Green Mountain College. If it's the tape I'm thinking of, Fishman is talking to a guy in the crowd about his T-shirt at the beginning of Harry Hood.

Edited by AtomicCEO

I do!

I've been trying to collect all my old favorite tapes that I've lost over the years, and the specific one that I think I'm looking for is December 8, 1989 Green Mountain College. If it's the tape I'm thinking of, Fishman is talking to a guy in the crowd about his T-shirt at the beginning of Harry Hood.

Later tonight when I'm at home I will send you the link to the infamous 'spreadsheet'. It's got nearly every show from every year to download except for official releases. One of the columns indicates whether or not it's a soundboard recording or not - most of the early shows (pre-1992) are soundboard and if they aren't, the recordings are still pretty darn good. For some reason, most of the shows starting from 1992+ are in a RAR format - so you will need to download a free program that allows you to extract this file type. It's real easy and free so I will let you know about that as well later when I'm at home.

1989 Phish absolutely ROCKS!!!!