[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another geek question...

rocknrobn26

3 Months ago I stuck my neck out to get my daughters laptop repaired (It's now mine). It worked for 3 months. 3 year labor warranty, 30 day parts! :wacko:

It took a crap, I am not going to send it back for the same repair. :D

My question is can I behead that LT (unscrew the LCD and cut any cables and still have the LT work w/ an exterior monitor or HD TV?? Or are they integral? If I could behead it, the body is nice and small and I could use it as part of a media center.

Please advise.

3 Months ago I stuck my neck out to get my daughters laptop repaired (It's now mine). It worked for 3 months. 3 year labor warranty, 30 day parts! :D

It took a crap, I am not going to send it back for the same repair. :D

My question is can I behead that LT (unscrew the LCD and cut any cables and still have the LT work w/ an exterior monitor or HD TV?? Or are they integral? If I could behead it, the body is nice and small and I could use it as part of a media center.

Please advise.

:wacko: SURE ----> fn+F8

Edited by cre8tiff

:wacko: SURE ----> fn+F8

I was thinking the same thing, but.....ahhh screw the but. I have nothing to lose by trying it.

Worst case I have a small external drive and a 1Gb mem chip.

Anyone need a 1Gb mem chip? :D

I was thinking the same thing, but.....ahhh screw the but. I have nothing to lose by trying it.

Worst case I have a small external drive and a 1Gb mem chip.

Anyone need a 1Gb mem chip? :wacko:

You don;t have to remove the doa monitor either, I wouldn't think. But I''m not a hardware guy, I'm an IT architect.

Probably for the convenience of not having a dead LCD sitting upright.

Flat media center PC = cool. Dead monitor is not.

I'd go with the fn + F8 (or F10 on some other models)

Oh, I always use external keyboard and mouse when my laptop is docked. Sometimes the thing goes weeks without actually being opened....

Oh, I always use external keyboard and mouse when my laptop is docked. Sometimes the thing goes weeks without actually being opened....

Only reason I thought of the above is that there's no docking station for my laptop. And I only use the laptop while sitting on the couch, out on the patio, connecting to the TV, etc. I don't use it as my desktop.

I do use a docking station at work though, but only for smaller sized and no high end gaming capable notebooks.

Edited by Riffraff

I was thinking the same thing. Why do you want to remove the monitor, RR?

Space. W/O the LCD, the footprint is small and I could easily slip it in anywhere.

Probably for the convenience of not having a dead LCD sitting upright.

Flat media center PC = cool. Dead monitor is not.

I'd go with the fn + F8 (or F10 on some other models)

Bingo!