[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CBO: Obama's budget = $1 trillion deficits for 10+ years

Azazello1313

"Robert Gibbs, the White House press secretary, acknowledged that Obama has been critical of Bush's use of similar special legislation to pay for the wars. He said it was needed this time because the money will be required by summer, before Congress is likely to complete its normal appropriations process."

I swear, Obama has to be the worst president ever to not have changed everything wrong with this country in the last 2.5 months.

they passed an omnibus budget a few weeks ago. these costs could have easily been included, IF that was actually a priority. just another example of his promises running into reality and the promises giving way and folding like a cheap tent.

but to me the more relevant point is, the spending request he just asked congress to pass is EXACTLY the kind he campaigned against and actually voted against 2 years ago.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they passed an omnibus budget a few weeks ago. these costs could have easily been included, IF that was actually a priority. just another example of his promises running into reality and the promises giving way and folding like a cheap tent.

but to me the more relevant point is, the spending request he just asked congress to pass is EXACTLY the kind he campaigned against and actually voted against 2 years ago.

Ever since Nixon, Presidents have been cleared of lieing during times of war. :wacko:

Edited by WaterMan

I don't think you understand this issue.

The truth is, no one can predict 10 years out, especially with the mess we're in.

Bingo........There is no telling what the Economic Geniuses on Wall Street will come up with next to set off another round of detonations in the economy. Obama is in a no win situation for the next 4 years. He has to spend money to mitigate "Systemic risk" and reverse the exploits of Big Business that ran amuck during the Bush Admin. The Government has to spend to keep the economy stable and hope earnings turn and thus consumer confidence. We are in a hugh mess, that only Government money and borrowing will get us out of in the short run, thanks to our friendly neigborhood Wall street bomb makers. The long run is impossible to predict because the Middle East is unpredictable. Who knows when we will have to declare war on next to avoid WMD's or respond to a massive terror attack (God Forbit). Then there is North Korea and that crazy son of a Saddam launching missles like bottle rockets.

I just assume stay buckled up in my 5 point harness for a while........