[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let the Economy Die

Avernus

That's exactly what it is and it has no intrinsic value except as a coupon to obtain stuff or services. Any system you replace it with is also a coupon, even if it's credits on bartering. There will still always be credit and debt even in the Utopia you describe. Getting rid of what we know as money serves no purpose - all money is is an all-embracing method of assigning value.

And clearly the man from Montana is absolutely right.

you're exaggerating my point....debt is one thing....but the situation we are in is a whole new level...

the value of money is being manipulated and the amount of debt that people are allowed to reach is another thing being manipulated....

and I'm sure you have the power to assess who/what is right and wrong....based on the fact that you have superior knowledge...

all I'm doing is pointing out the obvious in our current situation and how it's severely flawed and then voicing an opinion on how it can be changed....and while I do not have all the answers, there is a way to make our society better.....but assuming we can achieve "utopia" even overnight is silly....

things must get worse before they get better...and right now we have only begun to even see rock bottom...

Edited by Avernus

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there should be people working a system where the poopy and water flows where you don't have to have money or something that creates the need for someone to try and steal whatever currency something is from another person....

sounds like the 60's :wacko:

there should be people working a system where the poopy and water flows where you don't have to have money or something that creates the need for someone to try and steal whatever currency something is from another person....

This is a grand idea, but how realistic is it. To be honest, I am not immune to greed and did not become an engineer for the fun of it. I had/have an aptitude for math and wanted to make a good living to buy a decent house and a new truck every now and then. In fact, I'm generally bored out of my mind and find myself stealing time to post on fantasy football forums. If we ever move to your non-currency based utopia, I guarantee I will be hunting, fishing, and training bird dogs for a living. There will be no incentive for me to do anything else if I can trade skins and meat for what little I need other than what you feel I am entitled to. Other people can worry about getting clean, potable water to everyone and making sure we're not up to our eyeballs in raw sewage.

This is a grand idea, but how realistic is it. To be honest, I am not immune to greed and did not become an engineer for the fun of it. I had/have an aptitude for math and wanted to make a good living to buy a decent house and a new truck every now and then. In fact, I'm generally bored out of my mind and find myself stealing time to post on fantasy football forums. If we ever move to your non-currency based utopia, I guarantee I will be hunting, fishing, and training bird dogs for a living. There will be no incentive for me to do anything else if I can trade skins and meat for what little I need other than what you feel I am entitled to. Other people can worry about getting clean, potable water to everyone and making sure we're not up to our eyeballs in raw sewage.

I would do what best fit my needs as well....and also, I never said it would be a utopia society....it would eliminate a lower class and upper class...and you wouldn't have people starving....

money is the reason people are out of jobs right now and how these businesses are limited with the hiring process....

Edited by Avernus

I would do what best fit my needs as well....and also, I never said it would be a utopia society....it would eliminate a lower class and upper class...and you wouldn't have people starving....

money is the reason people are out of jobs right now and how these businesses are limited with the hiring process....

That's odd. Money is the reason I have a good, secure job and also the reason we are trying to hire 2 to 3 new engineers.

That's odd. Money is the reason I have a good, secure job and also the reason we are trying to hire 2 to 3 new engineers.

you should inform the however many people in California who recently lost their jobs about your utopia society you live in...

a world without money would be a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE place of very VERY low standards of living

(I honestly can't believe that you guys are even having this discussion)

As this point I'm convinced Avernus is/has been fishing. And doing an hell of a job of it, too.