[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama sending more troops in harm's way

BeeR

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at this lunacy.

There are three areas to tackle - defense, health and human services and servicing the existing debt. The last of these will become the biggest soon.

All you folks diddling around the margins like foreign aid, the EPA and congressional pay need to understand that none of these is in any way relevant.

I partially agree, but things like foreign aid need to be pruned to the trunk. Defese could be trimmed a whole lot by closing a lot of our forign bases and bringing our soldiers home to secure our borders (what a novelty!). The cost of those supply chains and base leases is hugh.

Not sure what to do in HHS, but an honest audit of all services and programs would be a great start.

Paying off existing debt should be a real priority rather than adding to our substantial collection. Easier said than done, just as it is in our personal finances.

I partially agree, but things like foreign aid need to be pruned to the trunk. Defese could be trimmed a whole lot by closing a lot of our forign bases and bringing our soldiers home to secure our borders (what a novelty!). The cost of those supply chains and base leases is hugh.

Not sure what to do in HHS, but an honest audit of all services and programs would be a great start.

Paying off existing debt should be a real priority rather than adding to our substantial collection. Easier said than done, just as it is in our personal finances.

Foreign aid often is a bribe, in effect, attached to arms purchases and to smooth the way for US business.

I'm waiting for a comparison between the Bush/GOP spending in '04 and what Obama is suggesting we spend now. Perhaps there's a reason I have more concern now than I did then? You guys are usually pretty quick to post links to graphs when spending and deficits are at question - bust 'em out.

Again,

The trillion dollar stimulus was from a caused effect., in which the leading economists wanted us to spend more. You can argue we shouldn't have done that, but as far as how we got here and the blatant irresponsibility of the Republican party from the last 8 years..... I don't know what else to say.

You guys f'd up hardcore...now lets see how we can make lemonade out of your guy's historically stinky lemons.

Things arent' as bad as they could be. We have some competence now.

I have a feeling that things will be okay, and our country can recover from your guy's incredibly f;d up run.

Edited by bushwacked

Again,

The trillion dollar stimulus was from a caused effect., in which the leading economists wanted us to spend more. You can argue we shouldn't have done that, but as far as how we got here and the blatant irresponsibility of the Republican party from the last 8 years..... I don't know what else to say.

You guys f'd up hardcore...now lets see how we can make lemonade out of your guy's historically stinky lemons.

I have a feeling that things will be okay, and our country can recover from your guy's incredibly f;d up run.

:wacko:If what you think Obama and the dems are doing is "making lemonade" - I don't know what else to say either.

Again,

Firstly, not everyone opposed to the obamessiah's budget were in favor of shrubs. Just a clarification in light of your "you guys" statement.

Secondly, I'm not arguing about the stimulus. It's really smaller taters compared to the budget being proposed. The stealfromus has an ending, the budget would increase spending perpetually.

Thirdly, you might want to watch your little "competence" statement in light of the tax cheat in chief's apparent incompetency, and the fact that obamessiah can't get his stinkin' cabinet filled for all the criminals he's tried to put in it. :wacko:

Firstly, not everyone opposed to the obamessiah's budget were in favor of shrubs. Just a clarification in light of your "you guys" statement.

No, you're right. Some people complain about everything and don't have any effect on the way things are going to be.