[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Excel question

gbpfan1231

I have an Excel sheet and in this sheet there are a lot of areas where columns are hidden by using the group tool. For example in my specific spreadsheet I see Column W and then Z - X and Y are Grouped out and do not appear. If I go into Cell Z30 and start writing a formula by typing = and then as soon as I click on any cell ALL of the Grouped Columns open and the cell that I wanted to click on as part of my formula is no longer clicked - a whole range is selcted based on what was grouped.

I sent this same spreadsheet to a coworker and she tried the same thing and everything worked fine. What setting would be different bewteen the two of us?

We both are using the same version of Excel.

Thanks in advance - this is really annoying me!!!

Go to Tools -> Options and click on the Transitions Tab. uncheck the "Transition navigation keys" box

But then I can't just press Home and have it go to cell A1!!!

Now I have to use Ctrl Home - I guess I need to choose the lesser of two evils???

Thanks much for the answer even though I don't really like it. :wacko: