[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Note to music lovers

muck

:D

I just listened to "Blonde on Blonde" for the first time in my life tonight.

:D

I've youve never listened to it, pull it up on youtube, and you can listen to the 14 tracks in order if so inclined. Hightly recommend it. :wacko:

Here's an interesting site. They've pulled all the "greatest album" charts they could find and combined them all. The result, theoretically, should be the greatest album of all time based on where it came in each chart. Sure enough, there's Led Zeppelin 4, Dark Side of the Moon, Revolver, Sgt Pepper, London Calling......all the usual suspects in the top 10.

But look at #1. :wacko:

... that MUST be some sort of fan site .... they have three other albums listed in the top 20 all time ...

It may have something to do with the fact that Radiohead is one of the only bands on this list that are currently creating, and therefore getting the attention of the "internet generation" who participates in these incessant lists. That being said, I do think "OK Computer" belongs way, way up there on any all time list.

Now as for "In Rainbows" to be #20 is a bit much. The album's only 2 years old, and really shouldn't be ranked higher than Rubber Soul and Are You Experienced by any stretch.

Here's an interesting site. They've pulled all the "greatest album" charts they could find and combined them all. The result, theoretically, should be the greatest album of all time based on where it came in each chart. Sure enough, there's Led Zeppelin 4, Dark Side of the Moon, Revolver, Sgt Pepper, London Calling......all the usual suspects in the top 10.

But look at #1. :wacko:

Ok Computer is one of the best rock albums of all time, to be sure.

I love Floyd and Beatles and Zep and Hendrix and all the classics and would put OK Computer right up there with that. I don't know if it deserves #1, but it's definitely Top 10.

I recommend giving it a go and watch it suck you in track by track.

Ok Computer is one of the best rock albums of all time, to be sure.

I love Floyd and Beatles and Zep and Hendrix and all the classics and would put OK Computer right up there with that. I don't know if it deserves #1, but it's definitely Top 10.

I recommend giving it a go and watch it suck you in track by track.

Oh, I'm reasonably familiar with it. I was kinda surprised to see it supplant stuff that has stood the test of time for 30-40 years, though.

Oh, I'm reasonably familiar with it. I was kinda surprised to see it supplant stuff that has stood the test of time for 30-40 years, though.

I figure Rolling Stone started their "best ever" lists in the early to mid 80s - at which point default "best album EVAH" Sgt Peppers had been arond maybe a handful of years longer than OK Computer has been right now.

So really, it's all relative.