[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

props to UNC hospital

detlef

I swear, if I slip and crack my head open walking by Duke hospital, I still want to go to UNC. And this has nothing to do with the fact that I hate Duke. It's because their hospital sucks and UNC proved, yet again, that it is vastly superior.

Since we've moved here, I've had a handful of run-ins with Duke (which, btw, is much closer to our home) and have been essentially furious with how crappy the experience was. I won't go into the details but the place is a joke. The one time that we had an emergency near UNC and went there, it was so much better.

So, when my wife's left eye was giving her insane pain (as in pain so bad you want to puke) and we couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong and decided to hit the ER on a Saturday night, I said, "It's another 15 minutes further to UNC, but I bet you get seen much sooner." She agreed. We pull up, drop her off, and there's a guy right there to let me into a special parking lot right in front of the ER main entrance. I barely had time to park the car and get inside before she was taken to triage (2-3 minutes tops). Vitals checked in a matter of minutes, quick insurance check, and off to an exam room, where we waited maybe 5 minutes before the attending checked in and said he'd have a nurse come in, give her some pain-relieving drops and they'd have a closer look.

Nurse comes by a minute or two later, hooks her up with the drops, instant relief apparently, and another few minutes later, some resident who looks like Jennifer Aniston comes in, checks her out, they do some tests and figure out it's a scratched cornea, and that was it. Interesting, they had to make a point of not leaving the bottle of pain-relieving drops laying around because they were quick to warn us that, while effective, overuse could really mess up her eyes and they're afraid people will grab them and take them home (as she would have undoubtedly done because her eye was killing her).

Maybe a total of one hour from the time we arrived, we're on our way home, prescription in hand. By the next day, she was all good.

Was the Anniston resident required to spongebath your wife for any particular reason ? If so please explain. In detail..Slowly

Was the Anniston resident required to spongebath your wife for any particular reason ? If so please explain. In detail..Slowly

Well, as is well known here at the Huddle, the wife wouldn't have minded that one bit. To be honest, I wasn't even the one who first mentioned the likeness.

Well, as is well known here at the Huddle, the wife wouldn't have minded that one bit. To be honest, I wasn't even the one who first mentioned the likeness.

Good to hear that I'm not the only lucky one that has a wife that enjoy's the appeal of the "other" woman :wacko: