[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If I can't take your guns....

Front Row

I guess I don't see how the government selling something at market price is a "handout". especially when it's something they would have to PAY money to otherwise dispose of.

as far as your point about anything gun-related being blown all out of proportion....that is no doubt true to some extent, but you also have to look at it from the opposite angle. why would the administration decide to do something like this? it eliminates a small source of revenue and incurs a new cost, so from that perspective there's no conceivable benefit. the only thing it would accomplish would be to make ammo more expensive and harder to come by. if I'm a gun owner and the administration is doing something for the sole purpose of being a pain in my ass, yeah, I'm going to take that as a pretty clear indication that they are hostile to my interests.

That's true for any hot button issue. Parent notification laws and abortion. Routine acts of verifying citizenship/legal status and immigration. You name it.

But come on, be realistic. Even if the government is "hostile" to your interests as a gun owner, the worst the government is saying here is that, "we can't stop you from shooting one another, but that doesn't mean we have to supply the ammo."

Edited by yo mama

That's true for any hot button issue. Parent notification laws and abortion. Routine acts of verifying citizenship/legal status and immigration. You name it.

sure. bush was hostile to abortion rights, I wouldn't dispute that for a moment. and obama is hostile to gun rights. they take an incrementalist approach, because that's what's politically feasbile, but people on the opposite side of the issue aren't exactly being irrational to react stridently to each little parry.

True, but the 2nd amendment is well an amendment, not a court decision or a law. So when you start to infringe upon it, it isn't like parental notification or requiring someone to actually prove they are a citizen to vote, or work in this country. When you go after something specifically protected it is definitely going to ruffle some feathers. This is in response to your quote above, not the thread in general, as I don't see the issue in this tread being and infringement on the 2nd amendment, I just see it as stupid officials wasting our tax dollars to promote their political agenda, and it is made worse because not only are they spending money, but turning away money they could have been making. It appears as though someone pointed this out, and probably slapped them on the wrist for being idiots, and we are now back to normal.