[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is Poopy!

H8tank

We had our septic tank installed in 2002, it is under the driveway, covered in gravel.

There has always been a slight hump where it was, and yesterday there was a slight dip, and last night it collapsed, so I have a 5'x5' hole full of sewer right out front. How the heck did this happen? It had a concrete cap on it, and it just all broke up and fell into the tank.

I am sorta excited to have a new swimming pool now, other than that, seems kinda premature for this to happen.

We had our septic tank installed in 2002, it is under the driveway, covered in gravel.

There has always been a slight hump where it was, and yesterday there was a slight dip, and last night it collapsed, so I have a 5'x5' hole full of sewer right out front. How the heck did this happen? It had a concrete cap on it, and it just all broke up and fell into the tank.

I am sorta excited to have a new swimming pool now, other than that, seems kinda premature for this to happen.

If it ain't one thing it's another. :wacko:

Does sound premature. Did they know it would be under the driveway when it was installed? If they did then they should have taken that into consideration for what type to put in. You may have grounds to get a new one free. Or not.

:D that's f'n stupid havin the tank under the drive, how would ya pump it, if it's just the drain fields i can see it cause ya can't compact that ground or the sewage will start comin up instead of dispersion into the ground below....the tard needs a new game plan...at least eat the labor ta do it right :D

:wacko:

Obama was out in the Driveway last night? :D

There was an access cap in the line placed by the house to pump it, it was evident at the time this was the driveway, the lateral lines are out in the yard out front to the west. My daughter thought it was funny last night, and around 8pm I stood in the dip to pitch balls to her for about an hr... shortly after the whole thing caved in... that coulda got interesting.

There was an access cap in the line placed by the house to pump it, it was evident at the time this was the driveway, the lateral lines are out in the yard out front to the west. My daughter thought it was funny last night, and around 8pm I stood in the dip to pitch balls to her for about an hr... shortly after the whole thing caved in... that coulda got interesting.

Save that for August 7.

That's a pretty stupid place for a spetic tank. They did the same thing with my parent's circular driveway. My Dad will shoot you if you actually try and use the driveway now.

It's not that uncommon to put grease traps under parking lots in restaurants, so I can't see why this is any worse. None the less, in order to do so, you do have to buy one specifically rated to take that sort of weight.

Thus, it appears the stupid part comes in not with the placement, but with the selection of the type of trap.

H8, someone owes you some money or a new one. Either the guy who installed didn't use the right kind or the guy who sold him the right kind sold him a defective one.

That's of course, assuming that the dynamics are the same with septic and grease traps and, at least with regard to this, my guess is they're more similar than not.