[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB trade - Dynasty league - 2for1

I have a chance to get Peterson - he's only $2M in our $75M league

I would be giving up RBrown ($3m) AND RGrant ($20M).

Grant is REALLY expensive and has me hamstrung. I also have Addai, JLewis, McFadden and McGahee. So I'm not hurting there. I am hurting for a WR. My big concern is AD getting hurt, but Brown and Grant have also missed time.

This trade is sitting for me to approve right now. It would loosen up over $20M out of $75M for me. And allow me to over bid on some WRs like Boldin, Holt or Driver.

We can start 3RBs:

Right now me lineup is:

Grant

Lewis

RBrown

plus Addai, McGahee, McFadden

After the trade:

AD

JLewis

Addai, McGahee or McFadden (I also have pick 1.4)

The guy is in my division, so I don't want to botch this trade. He only has Peterson right now.

Thanks for any helpful ideas.

here is what I dont get. How is this a dynasty league and you currently have 6-RB's yet WR's like Boldin, Holt, and Driver are available for you to bid on? Explain that one to me. Now you obviously take the AP (min) deal before that other owner talks to someone else in the league and they steal that deal away from you.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a 12 man league that's been around for about 6-7 years. I've been in for 5ish.

Basically there's a $75M ceiling. Rookie draftees are signed for 1-2M, so it behooves us to sign them for awhile (40 total cap years though), 20 players max.

Ryan Grant was a nobody early in 1season I signed him midseason and there was a bidding war to get him cause he just took over the GB job, but I had the most cap room. Thus I paid like 13.5M and signed him 1 season. He became pretty good and I resigned him which costs 150% and can only be done for 2 more years.

At this point you can franchise or TTag players. Franchising is 1 season at a high salary. Ttag is up for bidding, but the previous owner can match.

Boldin, Driver and Holt were all out of years on contracts and were placed on Ttag. Boldin went for $21M in blind bids and that was matched. Driver and Holt were more reasonable, 5-8M.

Peterson was still on rookie contract, $2M (actually 3M cause he pulled him off 'rookie hold' midseason which is only for 1 season, then he could only resign him for 2 more). When a trade occurs, the new owner can sign him as long as he wants at the previous salary. Since I traded for him, I resigned him at 3M for 5 more years.

The other owner was really thin at RB and he liked Grant alot as well as RBrown. He fanned out his RB position this way. I was thicker there, so it makes it easier for me to upgrade in a 2 for 1 while dropping some salary.

This league is VERY competitive actually. Though you can get trades that favor you because 1 owner may be cornered with the potential to lose a player. For instance, I was gonna be in trouble next offseason with Grant if I didn't trade him and he had a great season.

We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 1Def. So in a 12 man league, its hard to get 3 RBs that get it going. And I've tried for years to get a top WR and can't. I originally was trying to trade Grant for a top WR and came close to a couple expensive ones, but now have gone another direction. Here's my team:

Q: Manning (Orton, Leinert) - minimum for success. Nice to have Manning but he better thrive

R: AD, JLew, McGahee (Addai, McFadden) - should be a good group, also have pick 1.3 so could get DBrown or similar

W: Holmes, Galloway (Breaston, Engram, Rice) - this is troublesome

T: Carlson (VDavis) - could be a solid group

K: Bironas (Rackers) - good group

D: Ravens (TB) - check

The 1.3 will be in the lineup, likely DBrown or maybe Crabtree. I'll be involved in the playoffs likely, but I have work to do to win it all.