[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Worst Commercials are Found On...

darin3

ESPN Radio. What the eff? Isn't ESPN owned by a multi-billion dollar megalomaniacal company? Can't they afford to get real advertising?

I listen to a ton of ESPN Radio. When Jim Rome isn't on (save the Rome hating for another thread, please), I'm listening to ESPN Radio or perhaps one of a few other Sirius channels.

I've noticed there are no commercials on ESPN for established companies. Just quasi-scams like companies that supposedly "clean your registry", companies that can "eliminate your debt", some jackass telling me to refinance my mortgage, or some twit telling me they can solve acne problems. Really?

The worst two have to be:

A pair of yahoos talking about retractable patio awnings. Some dude is talking, and his annoying wife tells him - over and over - to inform us of their "radio special". If you've heard this, you know what I'm talking about. The worst part about it, at least to me, is the end, when the promo guy at the end says something like "if your name ends in A-M, you can start calling now! .... and if your last name starts with N-Z, you can start calling tomorrow at 9am!". :wacko: How stupid do these people think we are? Wow, really? You're so flooded with phone calls that you have to segment off when people can call you? :D

And the worst, by far, in my opinion, is for this scam called "Internet Speedway", that is some sort of software that interacts with eBay, allowing you to post crap easier or something. This gem of an ad is supposedly being performed by a "radio show guy", who is talking to his listeners, and pretends to fumble around for a piece of paper with the company's phone number on it.... "the number is... uh... it's right here... [paper shuffling].... 800-THIS-IS-STUPID". :D What, pray tell, is the point of this?

It's gotten to the point where I'm either turning my stereo down and making phone calls or tuning to another station during commercial breaks. Simply horrible.

Give me your "best" ESPN Radio commercial. Or is it just me..... :D