[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UFC 2009 Undisputed

budlitebrad

Just picked it up last night and it's a lot of fun to play. :wacko:

In career mode you create a new fighter, pick weight class and fighting styles, and then work your way up. At first it's easy to get sucked into just striking your opponents and then GNP, but once you get up to the top 10-15 in your weight class, you'll get destroyed pretty quickly if you don't master the clinch/ground game. Mashing the buttons is a lot easier than learning how to get out of a kimura.

My guy (boxing/BJJ) started off at the bottom in LHW and won 5 or 6 in a row before getting destroyed by Tito Ortiz (KO) and Wanderlei (submission) both in the first round. I'm ranked #9 now after winning a rematch vs Wandy, but I'm gonna need a lot of exhibition practice against BJJ/wrestling style fighters or else I'll probably get destroyed in my next fight.

Haven't tried the online play yet, but I'm sure it adds a lot more to the game.

Just picked it up last night and it's a lot of fun to play. :wacko:

In career mode you create a new fighter, pick weight class and fighting styles, and then work your way up. At first it's easy to get sucked into just striking your opponents and then GNP, but once you get up to the top 10-15 in your weight class, you'll get destroyed pretty quickly if you don't master the clinch/ground game. Mashing the buttons is a lot easier than learning how to get out of a kimura.

My guy (boxing/BJJ) started off at the bottom in LHW and won 5 or 6 in a row before getting destroyed by Tito Ortiz (KO) and Wanderlei (submission) both in the first round. I'm ranked #9 now after winning a rematch vs Wandy, but I'm gonna need a lot of exhibition practice against BJJ/wrestling style fighters or else I'll probably get destroyed in my next fight.

Haven't tried the online play yet, but I'm sure it adds a lot more to the game.

Good timing, as I just got done reading the review on IGN. They kind of ripped the game apart, but, then gave it a decent 7.3 rating. I'm definitely going to pick it up though. I'll play it as a break from MLB The Show, which I am absolutely hooked on. I'm glad to hear you liked it, as I was worried after the IGN review.

Good timing, as I just got done reading the review on IGN. They kind of ripped the game apart, but, then gave it a decent 7.3 rating. I'm definitely going to pick it up though. I'll play it as a break from MLB The Show, which I am absolutely hooked on. I'm glad to hear you liked it, as I was worried after the IGN review.

IGN had a lot of valid points, like the complexity of the controls, but it's still a ton of fun to play. It's frustrating because you will get KO'd a lot in the first round on a lucky punch even if you are doing well, but that's how fights go sometimes.

Dammit I wanna play The Show!! 2k9 sucks!!

I like the UFC game, don't love it. There just isn't quite enough explosiveness to it for me. I do, however, think it is an awesome start. It reminds me too much of the Fight Night series. The thing is, it has got to be such a ridiculously hard game to make well. A real fight is just so random. It just feels like there are a few too many restraints. Of course that is just the limitation of transforming such a dynamic event to a gaming system. I think they did a nice job with the game, but there are other factors that just make it impossible to make a truly realistic version of a MMA game.