[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baseball question regarding eligability

whomper

There is a war going on in my main local about Jhonny Peralta. A guy tried to sub him in for David wright, who was postponed last night , at 3rd base. Our league says you need 15 games at 3b to qualify. CBS only had Peralta at 14 games. This guy went back and counted every box score for the year and came up with 15. His opponent found that the game on 5/4 Peralta came in in the 10th inning and played 2 innings at 3rd base. That is a game that the guy who is pushing for 15 days is counting. The question is this. How many innings does a player need at a position for MLB to recognize it as an official appearance at that position ? I dont have a horse in this race. I am just trying to help the commish out. Thanks

Edit to add: I advised the commish to go with whatever cbs says. That is who we chose to run the league and that is the stats we should follow but I am still curious as to the answer. The commish emailed cbs but hasnt heard back yet

Edited by whomper

There is a war going on in my main local about Jhonny Peralta. A guy tried to sub him in for David wright, who was postponed last night , at 3rd base. Our league says you need 15 games at 3b to qualify. CBS only had Peralta at 14 games. This guy went back and counted every box score for the year and came up with 15. His opponent found that the game on 5/4 Peralta came in in the 10th inning and played 2 innings at 3rd base. That is a game that the guy who is pushing for 15 days is counting. The question is this. How many innings does a player need at a position for MLB to recognize it as an official appearance at that position ? I dont have a horse in this race. I am just trying to help the commish out. Thanks

Edit to add: I advised the commish to go with whatever cbs says. That is who we chose to run the league and that is the stats we should follow but I am still curious as to the answer. The commish emailed cbs but hasnt heard back yet

I'm pretty sure you only need 1 inning to qualify this happenned in my local when Albert played 2B for an inning or so and qualified at 2B the whole year. But if CBS is running the league you really have to go by what they have as official.