[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bay Area Huddlers

Big F'n Dave

Update:

I joined BFD and two of his long-time friends for 18 holes at Wente Vineyards in Livermore yesterday. It was a great time... I'm really glad I got a chance to meet Dave, and his buddies were very nice guys as well.

As far as the course, it was phenomenal... I've played my share of courses, and this was easily top-five all-time, as far as course condition, difficulty, as well as pure scenery. Dave, being on vacation, stopped several times to take a few quick photos... as he stated, they don't have hills like that in Louisiana. :D I have to admit, though... I've lived in the Bay area for nearly six years, and until this week, I had no idea that this place even existed. The views from several of the elevated tees were amazing... I even snapped a couple of quick pictures on my phone as well. I've played at quite a few very beautiful courses in California, as well as Minnesota, Montana, etc.... this one ranks right up there at the top of my personal list.

If you are in the Bay area, or will be in the future, I strongly recommend checking this place out. Slightly pricey was what I thought going into the day, but after experiencing it, I can honestly say that it was well worth the money spent. I will definitely be back to play this course again. :wacko:

The best part about the whole day was that, even though we all hit our fair share of balls into the vineyards and long grass, we never actually ran into any rattlesnakes, which from what the ranger told us beforehand, was a definite possibility. :D

Edit: Just in case anybody missed it the first time, here is a link to the course... Wente Vineyards

Edited by Gopher

Update:

I joined BFD and two of his long-time friends for 18 holes at Wente Vineyards in Livermore yesterday. It was a great time... I'm really glad I got a chance to meet Dave, and his buddies were very nice guys as well.

As far as the course, it was phenomenal... I've played my share of courses, and this was easily top-five all-time, as far as course condition, difficulty, as well as pure scenery. Dave, being on vacation, stopped several times to take a few quick photos... as he stated, they don't have hills like that in Louisiana. :D I have to admit, though... I've lived in the Bay area for nearly six years, and until this week, I had no idea that this place even existed. The views from several of the elevated tees were amazing... I even snapped a couple of quick pictures on my phone as well. I've played at quite a few very beautiful courses in California, as well as Minnesota, Montana, etc.... this one ranks right up there at the top of my personal list.

If you are in the Bay area, or will be in the future, I strongly recommend checking this place out. Slightly pricey was what I thought going into the day, but after experiencing it, I can honestly say that it was well worth the money spent. I will definitely be back to play this course again. :wacko:

The best part about the whole day was that, even though we all hit our fair share of balls into the vineyards and long grass, we never actually ran into any rattlesnakes, which from what the ranger told us beforehand, was a definite possibility. :D

Edit: Just in case anybody missed it the first time, here is a link to the course... Wente Vineyards

Great to meet you, brother. This was one of the most beautiful and undoubtedly most difficult courses I've ever played. Target golf at it's finest. Greg Norman designed the track and set the course record 62 during his inaugural round. Nobody in our foursome scared it. :D

Great to meet you, brother. This was one of the most beautiful and undoubtedly most difficult courses I've ever played. Target golf at it's finest. Greg Norman designed the track and set the course record 62 during his inaugural round. Nobody in our foursome scared it. :wacko:

Actually, I think your friend Chad made a comment about the fact that he might shoot that on the front (and he probably wasn't that far off). :D