[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trial One

Infinity

So I did my first mock draft today, and I don't think i did half bad.

Picks are in order. I had 4th pick. 12 Person Draft. PPR League

1. Matt Forte (Chi - RB)

2. Tony Romo (Dal - QB)

3. Pierre Thomas (NO - RB)

4. Hines Ward (Pit - WR)

5. Chad Ochocinco (Cin - WR)

6. Greg Olsen (Chi - TE)

7. Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)

8. Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)

9. Tim Hightower (Ari - RB)

10. Derrick Mason (Bal - WR)

11. Steve Breaston (Ari - WR)

12. Chris Chambers (SD - WR)

13. Le'Ron McClain (Bal - RB)

14. Matt Bryant (TB - K)

15. Kevin Curtis (Phi - WR)

Please give me all feedback, positive and negative.

Before I echo Opie's thoughts, one question: is it a start 2 QB league? If so, I can understand taking Romo in the 2nd and Roeth in the 8th. I will never understand a Defense that high, ever. 7th round? Wow...some very valuable players to be had there.

If it is not a start 2 QB league, your 2nd round pick will bite you in the arse...bet there was a terrific WR to be had there...

good point.

Tho I'd caution Infinity that most public mocks aren't 2QB league mocks so if he's doing a generic mock draft, he'll have a completely bogus draft since everyone else would be drafting with a different approach.

No, it's a one QB start. As a drafter i realize you cannot have the best players at every position, but i never really know what to do with my 2nd round choice. There are plenty of QBs, RBs, and WRs, but I'm never quite sure who to take.

John Tuvey (J2V) poster and staff writer on this site wrote a great article on the 2-headed QB appraoch. See if you can find it and read it twice. Good stuff.

With that knowledge, you can take 2 QBs in the middle rounds (7-8?), get good results, and then take another top RB or WR early.

Just as long as you are smart enough to start the correct QB each week. Match ups dont always play out like you expect.