[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Evaluating the 09 Bavarians

The Bavarians are the first redraft team to be constituted for the Donutrun Empire here in 2009 ... 10 team league, standard scoring - no ppr, standard starting positions (QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, K, DEF) ...

Here's where we're at after the dust settled and one trade:

QB: Palmer, Ryan, Hass, Favre ...

RB: MJD, SJax, RBrown, Moreno ...

WR: AJohn, Welker, Berrian, Muhammed, Maclin, Burress ...

TE: Carlson ...

K: Kaeding ...

DEF: Philadelphia ...

QBs and TEs went faster than I thought they would in the draft ... Traded RGrant & CTaylor to pick up SJax & Mendenhall, then waived Mendy to grab Hass when he got dropped as added insurance in case Palmer isn't back and Brett doesn't come back ... Rounds 16 & 17 were wicked thin, so snagged Favre and Burress as wicked long shots and will likely eventually go finds some WW gems when they don't pan out and bye needs for TE/K/DEF kick in -- but if one or the other goes nova before then, what a steal it will have been ... :-)

My thoughts -- my QBs are anybody's guess at this point in the preaseason; I like my stable of RBs; I'd rather have Berrian as my 1st WR off the bench rather than as my 3rd starter; I'm satisfied starting Carlson, Kaeding, & Philly based on the Huddle rankings ...

Not a bad box of donuts?

Why did you draft 4 QB's , makes no sense at all?

I didn't, though I do have four QBs at the moment, two months before the season.

When I missed out on an early QB run in the wide gap between my picks, I grabbed Palmer and then Ryan as a mid draft duo (I think they were the 9th and 10th QBs taken in a 10 team league).

This league has a deeper roster than I'm accustomed to ... so I have 2 "extra" roster spots. In the 16th and 17th rounds, there just weren't any interesting impact players ... that let Favre (and Burress) in as a lark of a long shot.

Then, after my RB trade left me with these four (MJD, SJax, RBrown, Moreno), I had no use for Mendenhall -- and Hass was on the waiver wire (along with the likes of Engram at WR), so I grabbed Hass as added insurance until we see how Palmer does in camp, since this draft was so early ...

I think you're surprisingly weak at QB and WR considering it's a 10 team league. Sorry, but just sayin'...

Agreed - QBs went incredibly fast ... and the WRs just didn't happen for me after Welker ... I think this team will compete, but I'll need some magic to win it ...