[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper League - Brees or Jackson

WillyZ

Brees or Jackson  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should I keep QB D. Brees or RB S. Jackson

• Drew Brees
    • Steven Jackson

I have always selected a RB keeper and this year I am considering keeping Drew Brees....any thoughts? We do not know what pick I will be in the draft as of yet...

Other teams keepers will be:

L. Tomlinson RB

C. Johnson RB

M Jones-Drew RB

L. Johnson RB or D McFadden RB

A. Peterson RB

M. Forte RB

C. Portis RB

M Turner RB

S. Slaton RB

B. Wstbrook RB

M. Lynch RB or M. Barber RB

Taz makes a good point...there is a lot of Backs taken already, at least with Jackson you know he'll get you points until he gets injured and depending where you're drafting you can maybe pick a top 5 QB???

Those aren't my only options but they are my best options...others are Boldin, Bush, Colston, R. Moss...no keeper potential.

As far as scoring:

QB

Get 5 Pts after reaching 150 yards, then 1 point for every 20 yards after that. If they get 400 yards they get 5 bonus points.

RB

Get 3 Pts after reaching 40 yards, then 1 point for every 10 yards after that, if they get 175 yards they get 5 bonus points, they also get 1 point per reception and 1 points per 10 recieving yards.

Here is an example of last years final numbers for top 15 overall players:

1. Brees, Drew NOS QB 417.10

2. Warner, Kurt ARI QB 360.70

3. Rivers, Philip SDC QB 359.90

4. Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 357.90

5. Cutler, Jay DEN QB 356.40

6. Manning, Peyton IND QB 317.90

7. Johnson, Andre HOU WR 309.90

8. Cassel, Matt NEP QB 305.00

9. McNabb, Donovan PHI QB 304.40

10. Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR 303.40

11. Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB 297.30

12. Romo, Tony DAL QB 286.20

13. Forte, Matt CHI RB 286.00

14. Turner, Michael ATL RB 274.90

15. Johnson, Calvin DET WR 273.50

Youll be adding S.Jax to the mix allowing another team with two top rbs. FF is not just what you have but not allowing others to get to use against you. Could you imagine going against jones drew and S.Jax in a ppr? Those two could score 50 against you easily.

L. Johnson RB or D McFadden RB...man, does this guy's team suck, or what? :wacko:

on the subject...if all those RBs are going to be gone, then you have to go Jackson. Odds are, everyone will go WR in the first round if nobody keeps any, with possibly Brees being available wherever you pick anyway. If you drop Jackson, unless you have the #1 pick, you WILL not get him.

Those aren't my only options but they are my best options...others are Boldin, Bush, Colston, R. Moss...no keeper potential.

As far as scoring:

QB

Get 5 Pts after reaching 150 yards, then 1 point for every 20 yards after that. If they get 400 yards they get 5 bonus points.

RB

Get 3 Pts after reaching 40 yards, then 1 point for every 10 yards after that, if they get 175 yards they get 5 bonus points, they also get 1 point per reception and 1 points per 10 recieving yards.

Here is an example of last years final numbers for top 15 overall players:

1. Brees, Drew NOS QB 417.10

2. Warner, Kurt ARI QB 360.70

3. Rivers, Philip SDC QB 359.90

4. Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 357.90

5. Cutler, Jay DEN QB 356.40

6. Manning, Peyton IND QB 317.90

7. Johnson, Andre HOU WR 309.90

8. Cassel, Matt NEP QB 305.00

9. McNabb, Donovan PHI QB 304.40

10. Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR 303.40

11. Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB 297.30

12. Romo, Tony DAL QB 286.20

13. Forte, Matt CHI RB 286.00

14. Turner, Michael ATL RB 274.90

15. Johnson, Calvin DET WR 273.50

Are passing TDs worth 6pts each? Your leagues's scoring system is clearly slanted to QBs. It just doesn't appear that the rest of your league mates agree with that considering their keepers. I would not let that sway you.

Considering that Brees outscored every other QB by at least 57pts and Manning by 100pts in your scoring system, I lean towards him. I think it is unlikely that SJax outscores the average starting RB by anything close to what Brees has done to QBs. Plus, Brees isn't anything close to the injury risk that SJax is. I'd start my team out safe with Brees.

It is funny, I have SJax & Calvin ranked ahead Brees in my keeper leauge (PPR, 4pt passing TDs, 6pt all other TDs). However, on this board I have advocated Brees over both of those guys because of the scoring systems. It's all about the numbers, and with your system, Brees is your man!