[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BIg Trade, need your opinions please!

jeff5769

I get MJD, Kevin Smith

I give up two first round pciks, a fifth and Anthony Gonzalez (who would not be kept on my team anyway)

12 team keeper league, each person keeps 5 players with no penalty

1pt=20 rush/rec, 50 pass

6pt=all tds

start 1 qb 2 rb 3wr 1 flex(rb,wr,te) 1 te 1 k 1 def

My keepers are McNabb Wayne Boldin Jacobs Ronnie Brown

If I do the trade I would probably keep MJD Jacobs Wayne Ronnie Brown Smith and drop McNabb or keep McNabb and trade Smith to move back itno the first, maybe second

His keepers are Rivers T.J. Housh MJD Witten and McFadden

and I dont get his last three round picks I would just have to pick up FA to fill my roster

Realize that unless you work deals to move them, in addition to the picks, you are also giving up McNabb and Boldin (or whichever two keepers you decide to drop) to make the deal. Tough call as I think it helps your keeper situation, but may hurt you overall with the picks you give up to add to them. I'd be more inclined to say go for it if you already had potential deals lined up for a couple of your players.

I don't think I'd do it. You're giving up two juicy 1st round picks that could land you long term studs. A keeper set of: McNabb Wayne Boldin Jacobs Ronnie Brown is decent (where did you finish last year?) and with those 2 1st round picks you can add to it. I'd personally go out and get a Rivers type...a QB that I think will have a good year but you could probably get for a pick upgrade instead of a outright pick.

But to keep: MJD Jacobs Wayne Ronnie Brown Smith - and LOSE those nugget 1st rounders....meh I don't know if it's worth it. And I think Kevin Smith is overrated...he plays for the Lions...new QB...etc. I just don't seethe points

I say make the trade but you should consider keeping McNabb and/or Boldin (QB1 and WR2) over Smith and/or Brown (over RB3 and RB4). I probably keep Boldin first over McNabb if you only give up one of the RBs... There are some intriguing mid round QB options this year in Ryan, Schaub, Palmer, etc. that could do OK if paired with a top backup QB.

I say make the trade but you should consider keeping McNabb and/or Boldin (QB1 and WR2) over Smith and/or Brown (over RB3 and RB4). I probably keep Boldin first over McNabb if you only give up one of the RBs... There are some intriguing mid round QB options this year in Ryan, Schaub, Palmer, etc. that could do OK if paired with a top backup QB.

What would be the point of the trade if he were not planning to keep Smith?

What would be the point of the trade if he were not planning to keep Smith?

Forgot KS was part of the original trade. Doh! Been a long day...

But, two first round picks in a five keeper league are not real first round picks, correct? I see the trade as mainly about getting a top-notch RB1. I still see a QB1 in McNabb and WR2 in Boldin as better options than a RB4 in Smith or Brown. If passing TDs are 6 pts, McNabb may be worth it.

I guess its not clear to me what talent would be there for the draft picks he's giving up. But from what I've read, it seems like there wouldn't be many, if any, options at QB or WR better than those two...

Forgot KS was part of the original trade. Doh! Been a long day...

But, two first round picks in a five keeper league are not real first round picks, correct? I see the trade as mainly about getting a top-notch RB1. I still see a QB1 in McNabb and WR2 in Boldin as better options than a RB4 in Smith or Brown. If passing TDs are 6 pts, McNabb may be worth it.

I guess its not clear to me what talent would be there for the draft picks he's giving up. But from what I've read, it seems like there wouldn't be many, if any, options at QB or WR better than those two...

How does it make McNabb more valuable?