[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eddie Royal in 09

Little Big Head

what are everybodys projections for Royal this year? I know people are knocking him down a peg because he switched from Cutler to Orton, but to me the system is just as important. In this system Welker went for consecutive 100+ rec 1000+yd seasons. I envision Mcdaniels using Royal the same way. I dont see Orton as a guy who cant get Royal the ball. In a conservative offense in Chicago Orton went for just under 3000/18/12 in 15 games and has a 21-12 record overall as a starter. While its true Denver threw the ball last year more than they are likey to throw this year its also true that Welker thrived with much fewer pass attempts than what Denver attempted. I also see a higher upside for Royal vs Welker because of his deep speed. People who say Royal is too small or too weak to become a true WR1, i say that other great WRs were Royals height, and Royal was the strongest WR to come out of the 08 scouting combine in terms of bench press reps.

My projection...100 rec 1100yds 6tds

I'll buy Royal as Welker when I can believe Orton is Tom Brady.

The jury is out on Orton's effect but equating Royal to Welker seems premature to me.

From a strategic stand point Welker was used as a substitute for the running game in 2007. The plays they ran for him were set up to act as the running game because they had no running game. I dont think Denver will have that problem with Moreno and the poor run defenses the Broncos will be facing.

I'll buy Royal as Welker when I can believe Orton is Tom Brady.

The jury is out on Orton's effect but equating Royal to Welker seems premature to me.

Orton may not be Tom Brady, but could you believe Orton as Matt Cassell? After all, Welker got his 100 catches last season with him at the helm...