[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would you stay pat or make a move?

Asskickas

This is a 10 team league and there seems to be some decent sleeper potential on the WW. I just want to make sure I have the right guys on my team. Is there a free agent on the list below that you would pick up? Who would you drop...or would you just stay pat?

My TEAM

QB Aaron Rodgers

WR Andre Johnson

WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh

RB Maurice Jones-Drew

RB Kevin Smith

TE Kellen Winslow

W/R Fred Jackson

Q/W/R/T Trent Edwards

K --empty-- picked up Greene for Gould until camp winds down

DEF Green Bay

DEF Jets

Bench

QB Matt Ryan

RB Jonathan Stewart

RB Rashard Mendenhall

RB Ricky Williams

RB Shonn Greene

WR Donald Driver

WR Santonio Holmes

WR Michael Jenkins

Scoring rules

Rush/Receiving

1/10yds, 6/tds, 1PPR, -1 fumble, -1 lost fumble, Bonus 1 @ 95+, 2 @145+, 5 @195+

FREE AGENTS

WR Miles Austin--Terry Glenn 2?

WR Jeremy Maclin--09 version of DeSean Jackson

WR Earl Bennett--could be targeted a lot

WR Issac Bruce--old but timeless 7 tds last year

WR Greg Camarillo--Could be WR1

WR Patrick Crayton--could be WR2 in high scoring offense

RB Justin Fargas-- Should be in a RBBC and get many touches

RB Laurence Maroney-- should be the starter

RB Michael Bush-- maybe the best rb in a rbbc

RB Kevin Faulk-- old but timeless

RB Maurice Morris-- cuff Kev Smith?

TE Kevin Boss-- Someone's gotta catch passes

One or more of these guys could very well end up being more productive than Jenkins, but all are a shot in the dark at this stage, I might stay put until we get thru a couple of pre season games.

Ditto for these guys and Mendenhall/Williams/Greene, but again I'd play "wait & see" thru a bit of pre season before pulling the trigger.

Lastly - I am not a Trent Edwards fan in any way ... but am unsure about your starter/flex requirements, it looks like you have a flex position that permits use of a QB ... if that is correct, I have to wonder if there are any WW QBs out there with potential.

Edited by ts

I'm not sure there is gonna be enough to go around for Jenkins to be as productive a guy you might hope for. I'd take a chance on Crayton. Don't let the feeds fool you, Ginn Jr. is the #1 in Miami.

Agree with ts on Edwards. I'd put in Matt Ryan over him any day. Assuming of course QB's get 6pts per TD.

Edited by tazinib1

One or more of these guys could very well end up being more productive than Jenkins, but all are a shot in the dark at this stage, I might stay put until we get thru a couple of pre season games.

Ditto for these guys and Mendenhall/Williams/Greene, but again I'd play "wait & see" thru a bit of pre season before pulling the trigger.

Lastly - I am not a Trent Edwards fan in any way ... but am unsure about your starter/flex requirements, it looks like you have a flex position that permits use of a QB ... if that is correct, I have to wonder if there are any WW QBs out there with potential.

Yeah the starters aren't set in stone right now and as of right now I do plan to start Rodgers and Ryan every week. However, it will be interesting to see how Trent improves with another legit target.

I would drop Ricky Williams for Michael Bush. Bush is going to get more carries this year. They're probably going to push Fargas back to RB3 by mid-season.

Well someone already grabbed Bush. :D I'm thinking of dropping Ricky for Jeremy Maclin. I usually don't like rookie WRs but the WR talent is a little thin in Philly. Miles is also a possibility since I don't really think Roy will fill the T.O void very well. Maybe I'll wait until someone picks up either Miles or Maclin and just take who's left. :wacko: Good move?

Edited by Asskickas

Well someone already grabbed Bush. :D I'm thinking of dropping Ricky for Jeremy Maclin. I usually don't like rookie WRs but the WR talent is a little thin in Philly. Miles is also a possibility since I don't really think Roy will fill the T.O void very well. Maybe I'll wait until someone picks up either Miles or Maclin and just take who's left. :wacko: Good move?

Why take the scraps? Move now while you have your choice.