[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PC gurus

rajncajn

Earlier tonight my daughter was having trouble connecting to the online game she plays, Wizard 101. I tried everything I could think of from reinstalling to to searching through my virus software to sifting through their FAQs trying to find a reason for it suddenly not to connect. I thought maybe it was just maybe a server problem for them & told her she could try again tomorrow. Now tonight I tried to connect to CoD 4 and I'm getting the very same issue. None of the servers are showing up when I do a search. It seemed as if I was completely offline. I closed the game, checked my connection & it was fine. So I ran the game again & came up with the problem again. This time I just minimized the game & checked my connection & sure enough I was offline. As soon as I closed the game, I was back on again. So, as it seems, when I try to get in a game that connects to an online server it locks me out. Any ideas?

Earlier tonight my daughter was having trouble connecting to the online game she plays, Wizard 101. I tried everything I could think of from reinstalling to to searching through my virus software to sifting through their FAQs trying to find a reason for it suddenly not to connect. I thought maybe it was just maybe a server problem for them & told her she could try again tomorrow. Now tonight I tried to connect to CoD 4 and I'm getting the very same issue. None of the servers are showing up when I do a search. It seemed as if I was completely offline. I closed the game, checked my connection & it was fine. So I ran the game again & came up with the problem again. This time I just minimized the game & checked my connection & sure enough I was offline. As soon as I closed the game, I was back on again. So, as it seems, when I try to get in a game that connects to an online server it locks me out. Any ideas?

Firewall issue? Have you installed any new security programs?

I had the same problem with an old game called Delta Force 2 and I found out after ripping my hair out that the server had been shut down. Do you know who the host server is? Do they have a website you can contact with your issues?

For example, Novaworld or Novalogic (can't recall right now) was the server for all the Delta Force games and I had to go to THERE website.

:wacko: Can't think of anything other than a firewall setting. Unless there is an option in the game for playing offline and you somehow selected that on both games but that sounds unlikely. Hmmm...

FW or Virus s/w is my guess. I have a problem w/ Wild Tangent games. It thinks there is a virus in the exe file. On one computer I just excluded those files in the scan, but on the other it still finds them so I ignore the report. Try running w/o your virus s/w just long enough to see if you can connect, risky but if they are legit you should have no problem.