[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting Trade Option

I am in a 12 team league with a maximum of 4 keepers. If you keep any less than 4, you receive compensational picks before the draft of any players not taken...including rookies.

Scoring is 6 pts for all pass/rush/rec TDs, I pt for 10 yards rush/rec, i pt PPR.

Starting Lineup is 1 QB, 1RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex RB/WR, 1 TE

My 4 keepers are:

RB- C. Johnson

RB- Gore

RB- Westbrook

WR- Jennings

I have traded a little bit this offseason and already have some extra picks. I have picks:

3.09 and so on. The 9th pick in every round.

I am debating trading Gore for pick 1.05 and pick 2.05. If I do this I will be getting a 3 for 1 because I will go into the draft with only 3 players and getting a free comp pick before the draft. There is a little risk here because I think there will be 3 other teams going in with only 3 keepers. I will then have the 4th comp. pick. Players that should be available are for the comp picks are:

RB- P. Thomas

RB- Moreno

RB- Rice

WR- Marshall

WR- Bryant

WR- D. Jackson

TE- Gates

TE- Gonzalez

QB- Rivers

QB- Warner

If I make the trade I will be getting 2 of these players plus a second round pick for Gore. Also next year goes up to maximum 5 keepers.

Do I make the trade?

I would see what he is willing to give you for Westy....even if you only got the 2.5 for him, I still think it would be a better deal to keep Gore over Westbrook, especially if the number of keepers expands to 5 next season. Odds are, Westy will not be one of those 5 even if you keep him this year, while Gore most likely would be...

I like the Westy option as well, but it sounds like that is a no go! Your team looks ready to win this year, i would not do the trade, ride Westy for his last productive year (I have been saying that for about 3+ years now). You have enough early picks to build a great starting lineup and with the 3 keeper RB's you go in with depth and can still draft a solid #4 after you get another WR and lock in your starting QB.

Its a no deal for me.

I would only make this trade if you think one of the rookie RBs is going to be a star, and then only if you think you will get him with your compesatory pick. Otherwise, there is noone out there on your list that I would be comfortable replacing Gore with, and you have some decent picks already to fill out your roster.

I did the trade. There was only 1 other team that kept three players which is great for me. I have the 2nd, 7th and 11th picks of the draft. There is already a possibility of me trade the comp pick for Colston or Rodgers. If I were to do this trade I would lean toward Colston because I am fairly sure that either Warner or Rivers will be there at 7 and worry about RB at 11.

There were a couple of surprise keepers and now the available list looks like this

QB-Rivers

QB-Warner

RB-P. Thomas

RB-Moreno

RB-T. Jones

RB-Rice

RB-Wells

WR-Marshall

WR-Bryant

TE-Witten (all TE's) I was not expecting this...also have thoughts of taking him if not taken with first comp. pick

What do you think my best strategy may be? Thank you

Edited by ShadowsFall

take RB-P. Thomas with the #2 if he is there, and then maybe trade the #7 for Colston as you said, and then take the best QB available with #11.

I would definitely not trade the #2 if that is what you were referring to. Thomas should have a HUGE year this year.

take RB-P. Thomas with the #2 if he is there, and then maybe trade the #7 for Colston as you said, and then take the best QB available with #11.

I would definitely not trade the #2 if that is what you were referring to. Thomas should have a HUGE year this year.

Right...but if Thomas is taken #1 would it be viable for me to trade for colston instead of pick Moreno or Witten???

Right...but if Thomas is taken #1 would it be viable for me to trade for colston instead of pick Moreno or Witten???

Yes I would trade for Colston in that scenario. I think Witten will have a fine year but you can get him later. Moreno...gotta wait and see how the DEN rb situation pans out.

see mine on keeper options

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=290505