[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the earth is warming?

Azazello1313

what about these scientists from duke?

they have to be given some merit given their great basketball program, no?

hey, the bottom line here is that we don't know. our understanding of this very complex problem continues to grow over time. i tend to think we are overdoing it a bit with the man-made argument, but i don't dispute it's having an impact. i also believe there are more planetary reasons at play that we just don't understand yet.

Okay, so you've gone from Avernus saying "most of it isn't man made" to some Duke guys saying "maybe 10% of it isn't man-made". That's fine with me. I won't even argue.

I'm not going to go and try to debunk every article you can find on the web about this, because both me and you have posted articles saying the same thing... that the overwhelming majority of scientists in the world who study climate and planetary physics agree that man is the majority cause of climate change.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

makes me think of this ...

Jerry: "Oh you're crazy"

Kramer: "Am I? Or am I so sane that you just blew your mind?"

Jerry: "It's impossible"

Kramer: "Is it? or is it so possible your head is spinning like a top?"

Jerry: "It can't be"

Kramer: "Can't it? Or is your entire world just crashing down all around you?"

:wacko:

Does it matter if the US starts stopping harmful emissions when China and India (and other emerging nations) are giving us a collective middle finger when we start talking about climate change?

The US is in a state of stagnation and the gap between the only "superpower" left (the USA) and other countries is narrowing quickly. China and India dont give a crap about the plight of the spotted owl or what may or may not happen as a result of their actions. They have people to feed NOW, and building a dozen coal plants every day between the two of them helps industrialize their nations.

The US could stop polluting NOW, and it wouldnt make a dent in what these other nations are doing. Whether it is responsible to do so or not doesnt matter anymore. The right wants to blindly charge ahead and forestall any action that might jeopardize their massive profits by continuing to "study the science". The left seems to be wildly idealistic and wants to save the world, one Prius at a time.

Instead of facts (much like the health care debate) it seems to be morals versus money.

My take is that most companies act immorally when it comes to enviromental issues, and dont give a rats ass about what our grandkids will inherit in favor of immediate monetary gain. We are all just temporary tenants on Earth, so why not at least TRY to leave it somewhat inhabitable for our decendants?

that the overwhelming majority of scientists in the world who study climate and planetary physics agree that man is the majority cause of climate change.

you might want to add a few qualifiers in there. 'cause I think there might have been a lot of "climate change" before man was even on the planet. "majority cause"? :wacko:

you might want to add a few qualifiers in there. 'cause I think there might have been a lot of "climate change" before man was even on the planet. "majority cause"? :wacko:

Sorry... majority cause of "recent" climate change (in the last 150 years).

Is that semantic enough for you?

Edited by AtomicCEO

The US is in a state of stagnation and the gap between the only "superpower" left (the USA) and other countries is narrowing quickly. China and India dont give a crap about the plight of the spotted owl or what may or may not happen as a result of their actions. decendants?

They do care about their cows! :wacko: