[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nothing here about the Jones-Tarver fight??

Swiss Cheezhead

I don't know about you guys, but I was absolutely stunned. I had a couple of $20 bills on the line with buddies, betting there would be a KO in the first two rounds. Unfortunately, I had the wrong guy on the canvas.

Great punch by Tarver, but he's already getting a little too much credit. When you're talking about counter-punch knockouts, there's almost always a lot of luck involved. I don't think it casts any negative light on Jones, either -- about 95 out of 100 boxers would have gone down after that shot.

All in all, it was the most shocking moment in boxing since the Douglas-Tyson match. My jaw dropped almost as quick as Jones himself.

Guest EZDoesit

It happens to the best of them. Frazier dropped Ali with a quick left hook. Forman destroyed Joe Frazier in two rounds. Even the brown bomber got beat down by that German Schmelling. They really need to fight again.....not on pay-per-view though...they owe the fans that at least.

STONEWALLS:

It happens to the best of them.  Frazier dropped Ali with a quick left hook.  Forman destroyed Joe Frazier in two rounds. Even the brown bomber got beat down by that German Schmelling.  They really need to fight again.....not on pay-per-view though...they owe the fans that at least.

I don't know what that last part is supposed to mean. You want to tell Tarver, after making $2 million for this fight, that instead of making $5M or $10M for a rematch, he should just take $1M, since it won't be on PPV? What does he owe to the fans?

Guest EZDoesit
LegFuJohnson:

STONEWALLS:

It happens to the best of them.  Frazier dropped Ali with a quick left hook.  Forman destroyed Joe Frazier in two rounds. Even the brown bomber got beat down by that German Schmelling.  They really need to fight again.....not on pay-per-view though...they owe the fans that at least.

I don't know what that last part is supposed to mean. You want to tell Tarver, after making $2 million for this fight, that instead of making $5M or $10M for a rematch, he should just take $1M, since it won't be on PPV? What does he owe to the fans? "They" means everyone that will make the decision whether the fight goes off or not. It's not just the boxers that decide these things. Another PayPerView after that two round fiasco? Not every championship fight is on PayPerView. I've seen a whole lot of championship fights on HBO and Showtime.