[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First Pick Overall in Dynasty League

boxcutter

Dynasty League, 12 teams, 10 keepers, 50/50, PPR, TE mandatory. My 10 keepers:

Kurt Warner

Chris Johnson

Kevin Smith

Pierre Thomas

Leon Washington

Calvin Johnson

Greg Jennings

Robert Meachem

Tony Gonzalez

Jason Witten

I traded Michael Turner for the first pick overall (I had traded 1.11 previously).

Would you keep the pick or trade down for more picks? If not, who would you draft in this scenario?

Dynasty League, 12 teams, 10 keepers, 50/50, PPR, TE mandatory. My 10 keepers:

Kurt Warner

Chris Johnson

Kevin Smith

Pierre Thomas

Leon Washington

Calvin Johnson

Greg Jennings

Robert Meachem

Tony Gonzalez

Jason Witten

I traded Michael Turner for the first pick overall (I had traded 1.11 previously).

Would you keep the pick or trade down for more picks? If not, who would you draft in this scenario?

Who is available? and how many starters every week?

Who is available? and how many starters every week?

QB, 2RB/2WR or 1RB/3WR, TE, K, D/ST

Few non-kicker notables have been dropped (see below). 12 keepers, 10 teams: that pretty much locks up the top 120 players. Our first round is usually rookies.

1. 52. Rhodes, Dominic IND RB

2. 57. Bruce, Isaac SFO WR

7. 72. Garrard, David JAC QB

10. 87. Muhammad, Muhsin CAR

11. 89. Taylor, Chester MIN RB

21. 113. Delhomme, Jake CAR QB

Based on how many keepers your league has (10 per team x 12 teams = 120!), trading Michael Turner, a fairly consensus top 5 pick, for the 101st guy taken seems a bit strange. Especially seeing that list above. Leon Washington seems far more expendable. What was the logic there?

Edited by Butkus

i don't get trading turner. with him, it looks like you have a great shot at winning it this year ... without him, you are pulling in rookies who probably would not even make your starting lineup this year. at some point, you do have to go for it in a dynasty league!

since you have already done the deal, i'd keep the #1 pick vs. watering down things further. you have 3 solid RBs, so crabtree would be a nice option and could see some starts this year ... that is, if they can get him signed. he would replace meachum as a keeper for years to come. if you want to load up on RBs for a potential trade, then i'd grab moreno.

Based on how many keepers your league has (10 per team x 12 teams = 120!), trading Michael Turner, a fairly consensus top 5 pick, for the 101st guy taken seems a bit strange. Especially seeing that list above. Leon Washington seems far more expendable. What was the logic there?

Ignoring the fact that we're already off-topic by the 3rd reply, my logic was:

1 - Turner is about to turn 28

2 - he had 376 carries last year which always produces a hangover effect

3 - he won't get 376 carries this year

4 - Falcons coaching staff has openly talked about using him less, Norwood more

5 - he had 6 receptions total for the year (PPR league)

6 - Matt Ryan will pass more this year, esp. with Gonzalez on the team

7 - no sane person would trade the #1 pick overall for Leon Washington

8 - Trading him while is value was high for the best available player this year seemed like a reasonable idea given 1-7. I could possibly be replacing Turner with someone who is capable of similar production, but much younger.

So given that the deal is already done, who would you take at number 1? Or, would you trade down for value?

At this point, I have Moreno and Donald Brown at the top of my list.

For various reasons, I am not on the Moreno bandwagon, so were I in your Turner-less shoes I think I'd be taking a shot with D. Brown - I expect he will have some FF value this season, but has the tools & is in enough of a favorable situation that he can turn into a top 10 RB next year and remain one for a few years thereafter.