[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portis (vs NYG) or Addai (vs JAX)?

shishisha

I wouldnt be so quick to dismiss Addai, yes he did have a down year last year but was battling injuries. You cant deny the dominating two prior seasons he had before that. They are saying he has looked great in camp and very rarely does a rookie come in and immediately take over for an established vet, over time maybe but you are asking about this week. Besides Id rather have my back going against the Jags at home over the Giants D on the road.

I wouldnt be so quick to dismiss Addai, yes he did have a down year last year but was battling injuries. You cant deny the dominating two prior seasons he had before that. They are saying he has looked great in camp and very rarely does a rookie come in and immediately take over for an established vet, over time maybe but you are asking about this week. Besides Id rather have my back going against the Jags at home over the Giants D on the road.

+1 Portis had poor showings last year against the G-Men. For this week Addai looks like the better option.

I know that a lot of people will see this as a fanboy response, however, I will try to drop science anyway. Osi, Tuck, Kiwi, Robbins, Canty, Bernard, Cofield, Sintim, Philips, Pierce, Blackburn... the giants back ups are are better than starters on most defenses. The secondary has been suspect in the past but the run defense was never in question and Portis struggles against the G-men usually. My advise is to avoid the Giants D like the plague unless you have no other option. at least until they prove otherwise. If you were talking a stud RB like Peterson, that would be different, but Portis must regain my trust in fantasyland after his last couple of seasons. He is a great back, but he can be stopped or limited. My guess is that the Redskins are going to go to the air more this year anyway. Go with Addai. Too many people rely on the press for opinion. The press is really high on Brown, but Brown will not come in the first game and supplant Addai. Addai had injury problems and still did ok though not incredible. this is going to be his bounce back season. I love running backs in Addai's situation. I have gotten so much value out of Fred Taylor, Corey Dillon, Stephen Davis and Thomas Jones. All of them were either "washed up", "past their prime" or "injury prone" when I picked them up in round 6 or 7. Their back ups were the ones people were high on. Well guess what? They were the keys to a few championships. Stick with Addai. The kid has a rapport with Peyton and will not only pound it out, but he will be a huge threat this season in the passing game. He has 3 years with this offense. will this be a time share eventually? Who knows. will Addai go down with another injury? that's the risk you take for such a high reward. But it's foolish to sit him against the Jags at home on the first game of the season. The Colts are still a high powered offense and the Redskins scored 14 total points against the Giants in the series last season. Do the math and go with the sure thing.

I know that a lot of people will see this as a fanboy response, however, I will try to drop science anyway. Osi, Tuck, Kiwi, Robbins, Canty, Bernard, Cofield, Sintim, Philips, Pierce, Blackburn... the giants back ups are are better than starters on most defenses. The secondary has been suspect in the past but the run defense was never in question and Portis struggles against the G-men usually. My advise is to avoid the Giants D like the plague unless you have no other option. at least until they prove otherwise. If you were talking a stud RB like Peterson, that would be different, but Portis must regain my trust in fantasyland after his last couple of seasons. He is a great back, but he can be stopped or limited. My guess is that the Redskins are going to go to the air more this year anyway. Go with Addai. Too many people rely on the press for opinion. The press is really high on Brown, but Brown will not come in the first game and supplant Addai. Addai had injury problems and still did ok though not incredible. this is going to be his bounce back season. I love running backs in Addai's situation. I have gotten so much value out of Fred Taylor, Corey Dillon, Stephen Davis and Thomas Jones. All of them were either "washed up", "past their prime" or "injury prone" when I picked them up in round 6 or 7. Their back ups were the ones people were high on. Well guess what? They were the keys to a few championships. Stick with Addai. The kid has a rapport with Peyton and will not only pound it out, but he will be a huge threat this season in the passing game. He has 3 years with this offense. will this be a time share eventually? Who knows. will Addai go down with another injury? that's the risk you take for such a high reward. But it's foolish to sit him against the Jags at home on the first game of the season. The Colts are still a high powered offense and the Redskins scored 14 total points against the Giants in the series last season. Do the math and go with the sure thing.