[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I an idiot for considering this trade

rsureck

I am in a PPR league and Steve Smith is the 2nd leading point guy. I would get him for a couple of guys who are hurt. I need WR help. Others are Roddy White, Kevin Walter, Laurent Robinson (out hurt and will cut him) and Lee Evans. I play 3.

On paper that is giving up a lot, but the KC passing game is anemic and when Bowe returns who knows if he is really worth his current status. Westbrook is sounding like he will split time with McCoy. My other RBs are Grant, Rice and Cadillac. Play 2. I could then go and pick up Fred Taylor if I can get him.

Scoring is 1pt per 10yds Receiving/Rushing, plus 1pt per reception, & 6pts per TD.

Thoughts?

I'd wait and see this week what happens with those guys, but don't accept the trade. The other guys banking on them getting healthy, and lowballing you because they're hurt. Steve Smith is no doubt a potential PPR machine, but he's still a low draft pick (actually fell to waivers in some leagues), and he's asking you to give up your #1 pick and #2 WR.

Unless Cassel proves completely inept, Smith is only a slight upgrade over Bowe (though not for certain). No doubt you need another WR, but RBs are hard to come by, especially elite ones. This is why you just can't get bad value for Westy, unless you feel there's no way he can rebound.

I'd be scared of McCoy stealing carries too, and Westbrook is a walking Questionable, but you have to get elite value for an elite guy. The fake Steve Smith hasn't quite shown that just yet (but I really like his potential in PPR).

I would defiinately take this trade. Smih is Mannings go to guy and you are right on the money. Bowe will be inconsistant at best, as the O-line stinks and Westy will be splitting carries with McCoy down the stretch. McCoy is the real deal.

Take the trade

Are you serious ? if so I will kick some people out of my league next year to open a spot for you.