[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Have Never Voted NO On A Trade Before

KOKIDKOKID

I will provide more info if you need it...but just let me put the trade out there and see what you think...to me the rosters involved and scoring etc do not even need to be mentioned...but maybe I am wrong.

Frank Gore (injured I know) straight up for Derrick Mason.

I am not involved in this trade - it is between 2 brothers...like I said above I never vote NO on trades as I figure - if it doesn't look or smell like collussion why vote NO? One party involved is the commish...

Your thoughts?

Thanks.

KO'd

maybe they're trading for THEIR needs....? maybe one needs the RB and one needs the WR? need to know more than just the players and their relationship

I don't think more info is needed to judge this trade...but here you go both teams are 0-3 and it's an ESPN league and here are their rosters pre-trade:

Team Trading Gore

QB Jason Campbell, Was QB

RB Tashard Choice, Dal RB

RB Larry Johnson, KC RB

RB/WR Julius Jones, Sea RB

WR Santonio Holmes, Pit WR

WR Steve Smith, NYG WR

TE Todd Heap, Bal TE Q

D/ST Giants D/ST, NYG D/ST

Bench Frank Gore*, SF RB O

Bench Marion Barber, Dal RB Q

Bench Braylon Edwards, Cle WR

Bench Brett Favre, Min QB

Bench Justin Gage, Ten WR

Bench Devery Henderson, NO WR

Bench Trent Edwards, Buf QB

Bench Nick Folk, Dal K

Team Trading Mason:

QB Carson Palmer, Cin QB

RB Ryan Grant, GB RB

RB Glen Coffee, SF RB

RB/WR Matt Forte, Chi RB P

WR Andre Johnson, Hou WR

WR Reggie Wayne, Ind WR

TE Jeremy Shockey, NO TE

D/ST Bears D/ST, Chi D/ST

K Shaun Suisham, Was K

Bench Kevin Smith, Det RB Q

Bench Kellen Winslow, TB TE

Bench Derrick Mason, Bal WR

Bench Philip Rivers, SD QB

Bench Terrell Owens, Buf WR

Bench Jamal Lewis, Cle RB Q

Bench Nate Burleson, Sea WR

Agreed. Team one is good at RB once Barber comes back, and Gore does him no good right now. He could certainly use a reliable WR, and there's reason to beieve Mason could be consistent, despite a low draft pick I'm sure.

The other guy, on the other hand, has Grant as his #1 until Smith gets back, and even then, it's not a very dominant tandum.

Many trades look bogus on paper (and some are), but team needs actually makes this a decent trade (although not a great one. The guy with Gore could turn that into a stud WR if he could get by until Gore is healthy, but has decided to settle for added depth at WR now).

It's a completely reasonable trade though.

I'd let it slide... the guy trading gore has good RB and needs a good backup WR and the guy trading mason has GREAT WRs and needs another RB. (his names are big but they've done nothing for him)

The guy getting Gore needs another RB? Really? He already has Forte, Grant, Kev Smith and Coffee and he can start at most 3 RB's each week. The guy trading Gore has "good" RB's? Really again? He has LJ (meh), Julius Jones (meh again), Barber (stud when healthy), Choice (stud when Barber is not healthy) and that is all he has at RB....at the least he should have gotten an RB back in the deal so he'd have a viable starter...and his WR's are weak (I'll give you that) but is a healthy Mason worth even a banged up Gore - Gore ought to be back in a couple of weeks...I really just don't see it.

I'll probably not vote NO but this one seems odd to me.

Thanks for the opinion though I appreciate it.

KO'd

Didn't see Forte... I guess thatmaybe changes things, but it doesn't necessarily mean you should vote no... Unless the guy getting Gore is winning big already, or the guy who's trading him is losing bad in the standings, or you're playing for money, then there might be some collusion.. Otherwise, let the poor desperate guy ruin his team if he can't be patient for Gore to come back,..

A few comments:

The commish should know better.

I don't see how the team getting Mason will play him except for byes (if even then)

Yes it's lopsided IMO, but unless you know there is collusion I don't think you vote NO, you shouldn't veto a trade because you don't like it.

Are all trades voted on before they are approved?

I have a similar issue in a league I commish

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=299664

A few comments:

The commish should know better.

I don't see how the team getting Mason will play him except for byes (if even then)

Yes it's lopsided IMO, but unless you know there is collusion I don't think you vote NO, you shouldn't veto a trade because you don't like it.

Are all trades voted on before they are approved?

I have a similar issue in a league I commish

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=299664

I can't prove collussion...gonna let this side....no we don't vote on the trades before they go through but you can protest it basically. Both owners are struggling at 0-3 and I guess they are just trying to get their teams going.

KO'd