[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broccoli Cheddar Grand Marnier Omelet

Kid Cid

the more I read my unedited comments in the whole thread, I realize that I have TWICE said that the particular combo doesnt sound good to me.

Personally.

Not denying that somewhere there is soma magical combination of broccoli/orange/eggs that causes the heavens to open and the angels to sing . . .but that wouldnt sit well with me.

Wait . . . so when I said in my original post that it sounded bad, and then said "to each their own" which any logical human being would interpret to be a personal palate issue, you took it to mean that I assumed all egg/orange/broccoli possible permutations are outside ther realm of reality?

:wacko::D:D

You "debating" the existence of these possible matches does not mean that everyone would personally LIKE them.

or are you just :D:D

No, I'm challenging the more definitive comments like "eggs+orange=vomit".

Then when someone mentioned drinking OJ and eating eggs, you replied "I don't put eggs in my OJ, do you?"

That sort of implies that the combo should be strange not only to you but to others. Unless, of course, you were innocently curious if Sheik puts scrambled eggs in his OJ.

Then, when I showed a few examples of the offending ingredients going together you backed off, still qualifying your distaste by asking if I then put broccoli in it as well.

Nope, sounds pretty much like you came out swinging (with a polite "to each his own" which is not unlike the catch all, "bless his/her heart" which, here in the south, allows you to say pretty much anything you want about someone) and then retreated behind the fact that your rather bold statements were above defense because they were simply your opinion.

Orange + Egges = :vomit:

But that is just me . . . I am a hot sauce kinda guy when it comes to eggs . . .

Detlef . . . does that quote sound like a PERSONAL opinion or a indictiment on eggs and oranges as a whole?

But that is just me . . . is that a quote used to disparage entire entrees in the south? Or does it indicate PERSONAL PREFERENCE?

The asking about adding broccoli was to ask if your customers routinely love that combo. To me . . (again there is that ME comment) it sounds distasteful . . .

Detlef . . . does that quote sound like a PERSONAL opinion or a indictiment on eggs and oranges as a whole?

But that is just me . . . is that a quote used to disparage entire entrees in the south? Or does it indicate PERSONAL PREFERENCE?

The asking about adding broccoli was to ask if your customers routinely love that combo. To me . . (again there is that ME comment) it sounds distasteful . . .

You do realize that this was your 2nd post and made in response to Kid saying, "don't knock it". Then when Sheik brought up a point, then I brought up a point, you were Johnny on the spot. So, while this may simply be your opinion, you seem pretty hell bent on making sure anyone who brings up the notion that it might not be all that bad is reminded that, no, it's just flat-out nasty...in your opinion.

I guess that's just sort of a pet peeve of mine. The whole bit about making bold statements and then falling behind, "but that's just me". If it's truly just not up your alley, then you just say that it's not your thing and leave it at that. But that's not what you did.

"That sounds awful... but that's just me"

"No seriously, I want to puke...but that's just me"

"Do you put eggs in your OJ? but that's just me"

etc.

I mean, you can't have it both ways. If you just want to say it's not your thing and move on, that's fine. But if you insist upon repeatedly coming back and debating the notion of whether or not that's a nasty idea, simply sticking, but that's just me at the end of each post isn't a sliver bullet. Either make the argument or not.

Imagine this scene at a bar.

"Wow, your wife looks like a tramp. But, hey, that's just me"

"What the hell did you say?"

"I mean, look at her. If I were you, I'd keep my eye on her. But, again, that's just me."

How many more "but that's just me"s is that dude gonna get out before he gets his ass kicked?