[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Neptune vs Poseidon

isleseeya

friend of mine pissed me off telling me Posiedon was stronger than Neptune

i totally disagree

Had a “discussion” recently as to the difference between Neptune and Poseidon, and there was a difference in opinion as to who was the real mythological God of the Seas.

Most references state that Neptune was the Roman God of the Seas and Poseidon the Greek God of the Seas. They both had the same job description, give or take a couple of miracles. Both were issued with a Trident. Pictures usually depict Neptune rising from the sea, with a bad morning expression on his face, and the trident resting on his shoulders. A reference to this trident was found. The three prongs, referring to the seas to the North of the earth, to the seas South of the earth and then to the sea as they knew it, the Mediterranean Sea.

The trident was a type of wand, something similar to those that magicians wave around (no pun intended). This was a kind of weapon of mass destruction. By banging it on the surface of the sea terrible storms could be created, devastating winds, Tsunamis and a host of other calamities.

Once I had clarity, an article popped up that maintains Neptune was not the God of the seas. He was the Italian God of water. This was before the Roman Empire and Roman sailors. Would appear as though the Romans took a long time to become mariners. Neptune was then “associated” with Poseidon, and had to multi-task.

Neptune was the true owner of the Poseidon ...nuff said

: d&dnerdtalking:

I believe Poseidon and Neptune are the same mythical god with different names from the Greeks and Romans (i.e. Zuess vs. Jupiter, Ares vs. Mars, Eros vs. Cupid, and so on).

Edited by wirehairman

: d&dnerdtalking:

I believe Poseidon and Neptune are the same mythical god with different names from the Greeks and Romans (i.e. Zuess vs. Jupiter, Ares vs. Mars, Eros vs. Cupid, and so on).

: D&Dnerd: confirming what the :wacko: said

Edited by Zooty