[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Politicians message to insurance companies

westvirginia

When gangsters do it, it's called extortion. What happens when congress does it?

:wacko:

Why do you support anti-trust exemptions?

Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Wednesday called for an amendment to the health care reform bill that would remove the long-standing antitrust exemption for insurers, echoing a push by other Democrats to crack down on the industry.

“The health insurance’s antitrust exemption is one of the worst accidents of American history," Schumer said. "It deserves a lot of the blame for the huge rise in premiums that has made health insurance so unaffordable. It is time to end this special status and bring true competition to the health insurance industry."

How can this exemption possibly gel with your Ayn Rand worship?

Why do you support anti-trust exemptions?

How can this exemption possibly gel with your Ayn Rand worship?

I don't know whether I do or not. I'm aggravated over the fact that congress is clearly using it's power for political gain, that's all. This is third-world banana republic stuff. Disagree with us will you? Make us look bad will you? Well, we'll fix your little red wagon...

I don't know whether I do or not. I'm aggravated over the fact that congress is clearly using it's power for political gain, that's all. This is third-world banana republic stuff. Disagree with us will you? Make us look bad will you? Well, we'll fix your little red wagon...

What they are saying is "we'll fix your little red wagon", for sure. A little red wagon, along with baseball's, that should have been fixed years ago.

People in glass houses probably shouldn't lob too many bricks about.

Yeah, they definitely shouldn't be throwing their wieght around. Just like them million-dollar bonuses those fine executives from the banks and brokerage houses recieved....how dare the government step in and stop them from robbing the American people.

It'll all come back on them - then I'll be buying you a cold one at Galt's Gulch living as free men should.