[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need general roster/possible trade advice

toolman

Ok I have been hit by the bye week blues and have 5 positions off on a bye week including R Rice. This leaves me very weak at running back for week 7 I currently have L McCoy going (he's my only option) with All Day. I am not liking Minn going up against the Pitt def Peterson will have a tough day running. With Flacco, K Smith and Rice off I'm dying!!!

Should I stay strong and roll with McCoy even though he hasn't done much splitting carries with Westbrook or try and make a trade with someone. I was thinking of trying to offer D Mason in a trade (I know he's on a bye) for a running back. What would you all do???

Unless you are looking to package Mason with say Kevin Smith or Rice for a big RB improvement that will help you for more than bye week coverage, I don't know that I pursue a deal too aggressively.

Who do you realistically think you can get for just Mason that is likely to do significantly better than McCoy, and, by the same token, also leaves you with Nicks and Austin as your only WR depth.

With your lineup reqs, you have good depth at both RB and WR with a legit backup at both spots. Deal Mason, and you significantly weaken your backup WR spot for the season for a potential small one week boost.

I would examine your options in the trade market, but would tread lightly unless the deal makes long term sense as well.

Agree with BC - any trade that just "moves bodies" around for you likely won't help all that much ... and keep in mind that while AP does not have a great match up this week - if there is any RB that can possibly put up fantasy numbers worthy of any TWO players in a given week regardless of match up - it is probably AP. So, unless you can work a deal that makes you stronger overall for the remainder of the season, I'd say stand pat for this week and take what you can get at RB from AP / McCoy.