[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Hunters

HowboutthemCowboys

The oil facilities I work in are north of a military base in Suffield, Alberta, Canada, a pretty expansive chunk of land that also doubles as a wildlife reserve.

The rules are strict in there, no weaponry of any kind and no trophies taken out. Sometimes it seems as though you'd get in more trouble if you killed an animal in there rather than a person.

Anyways, I'm driving up the highway to get to work and there's an elk no more than 100 feet inside the fence (4 ft barbed wire) that can scratch its ass by leaning back.

Wondering how long it would take me to drop that thing and have it in the back of my truck in time to outrun the military police :wacko:

And yet, I can spend hours in the bush and see nothing........ :D

+1 I think those f'ers like to just humiliate us half the time.

... and somehow have the ability to read game proclaimations. It's absolutely amazing how many hugh elk I see wandering within bow range when rifle hunting deer. I swear those rank old bulls have smiles on their faces. :wacko:

+1 I think those f'ers like to just humiliate us half the time.

Indeed.

Had to stop my truck and wait for two bucks to cross the road on the way to the gym yesterday morning('bout quarter to six). This time of year, I generally see at least one a day whilst I am coming or going. Couple weeks from now, I will spend hours in a stand hoping for shots I could take from my Chevy every day :wacko: