[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miles Austin debate

Cowboyz1

Because all 4 of his TDs were either a blown coverage or a missed tackle? :wacko:

Let me get this straight from all you "Oh! but his TDs are from blown coverage and missed tackles" ppl.

Isn't the whole point of the offense to capitalize on blown coverages and making the defense miss tackles??? I don't want to go out on a limb here but just saying.

That's why Mr. Bailey and such get paid high dollars right?

Will some of you statisticians have something around how many receiving TDs are from blown coverages and missed tackles? From a watcher perspective, it feels like 75% or more of them are.

I hope he is the next big thing because then Witten will get some single coverage and MAYBE score for me this year a little bit!!

He's had two good games. 2 games people!!! Let's wait and see how good he is. Like others have mentioned, what seperates the good WR's from the greats is that they continue to perform even when they are the focal point and game planned against each week. Austin might still perform when this is the case, but no one can say for sure. Bringing up examples where he beat double coverage here, or out leaped a DB there doesn't matter until he does it consistently. He just hasn't been in the staring lineup long enough for us to have the sample size to say one way or another.

Also, I would hope the rest of the board disregards what the Cowboys fans on this board are saying. If not, you're just fooling yourself and hearing what you want to hear.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

He's had two good games. 2 games people!!! Let's wait and see how good he is. Like others have mentioned, what seperates the good WR's from the greats is that they continue to perform even when they are the focal point and game planned against each week. Austin might still perform when this is the case, but no one can say for sure. Bringing up examples where he beat double coverage here, or out leaped a DB there doesn't matter until he does it consistently. He just hasn't been in the staring lineup long enough for us to have the sample size to say one way or another.

Also, I would hope the rest of the board disregards what the Cowboys fans on this board are saying. If not, you're just fooling yourself and hearing what you want to hear.

Dude, stop harshing my buzz. Pass the Kool-Aid.