[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

***Official Week 8 NFL Wagering Thread***

kroyrunner89

4:00 games.

3-0 in the 1:00 games....Putting a small parlay on these overs.

Car/Ari - OVER 43 1/2 Think this game might be a little closer then expected ...Hoping Carolina gives enough offense to help out.

Min/GB OVER 47 This game has an Aaron Rodgers/ Brett Favre shootout written all over it....

I have a few thoughts on the Monday night game. The money has been pouring in on the Saints, pushing the spread to 11.5 - 12. I understand that people see the Saints as this un-stoppable force, and with good reason. They have been an ATS machine on their way to 6-0. But I would be very cautious riding the Saints train tonight.

I am just like you, I believe what I see with my own eyes. And what I have seen is the Saints scoring 40+ points on any given week. I also saw the Falcons get carved up by the Cowboys last week in an environment not nearly as hostile as the one they wil see tonight. It seems so easy just to lay the points however high they are on this Saints team. But let's back away and take a look at this.

The Saints are playing their first division game this season. They are 12-1 vs. non divisional opponents since week 4 last year, with almost every win by double digits. But last season they were only 2-4 against their own division, and those wins were both by 4 points. Over the last 2 years the Saints have only won two games against divisional opponents by a higher margin than tonight's point spread.

All that being said, I am still having a hard time figuring out how the Falcons keep this thing close. But the numbers given above, and my dislike for giving up too many points in any divisional game will have me avoiding the Saints tonight. Just something to think about.

Edited by rattsass

I thought Arizona was the "lock" of the week... It seems like the games I'm most sure about this year, go completely the opposite way. I'll let you guys know what I like this week, and encourage you to bet the exact opposite. :D

I like the comments about tonight's game being a divisional game, though. It seems like anything can happen, when teams from the NFC South play each other... I have no idea what will happen tonight, but I won't be surprised by any outcome. You would think there will be a lot of points scored, which probably means the final score will be 9-6. :wacko:

I have a few thoughts on the Monday night game. The money has been pouring in on the Saints, pushing the spread to 11.5 - 12. I understand that people see the Saints as this un-stoppable force, and with good reason. They have been an ATS machine on their way to 6-0. But I would be very cautious riding the Saints train tonight.

I am just like you, I believe what I see with my own eyes. And what I have seen is the Saints scoring 40+ points on any given week. I also saw the Falcons get carved up by the Cowboys last week in an environment not nearly as hostile as the one they wil see tonight. It seems so easy just to lay the points however high they are on this Saints team. But let's back away and take a look at this.

The Saints are playing their first division game this season. They are 12-1 vs. non divisional opponents since week 4 last year, with almost every win by double digits. But last season they were only 2-4 against their own division, and those wins were both by 4 points. Over the last 2 years the Saints have only won two games against divisional opponents by a higher margin than tonight's point spread.

All that being said, I am still having a hard time figuring out how the Falcons keep this thing close. But the numbers given above, and my dislike for giving up too many points in any divisional game will have me avoiding the Saints tonight. Just something to think about.

I also seen the Falcons destroy a 49ers team that played very well against the Colts yesterday

This is a perfect game to sit back and enjoy - I need Brees to score 32pts to give me a 6-1 fantasy week but if I was going to wager on the game i would take the 12-1/2 points BetJamaica.com

Am I the only one that thinks this games gonna be close tonight? Personally I think 11 1/2 is alot to be giving ATL....I understand the Saints been blowing teams away but this is a big game in the division for both teams...If the Saints win they'll pretty much walk away with the division being 3 games up and if falcons win they'll only be 1 game back....Expect the falcons to play hard tonight...I wont be shocked if they win and I wont be shocked if they lose...But im pretty confident it'll be a closer game then the line shows...Im taking the FALCONS with the points :wacko:

I went ahead and took the bait with Atl+12 and under 56. Opposite of what I think should happen in this game so I am probably on the money. :wacko:

I went ahead and took the bait with Atl+12 and under 56. Opposite of what I think should happen in this game so I am probably on the money. :wacko:

I'm about to do the same thing and feel the same way. But hopefully, we'll be throwing one of these emoticons around after the game. :D