[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bench Benson for P Thomas? Will answer yours

vansmack32

While CedBen has pretty much been money every week, I guess if you are going to sit him, this would be the game to do it ... PT should be good for 100 total yards and a score, while CedBen may have to settle for something like 75 total yards and a score (if he gets one) as being a "good day" vs the PIT defense. The wild card here IMO is that Benson will likely get his ~22 carries no matter what, while PT could get ~20 carries but maybe could get no more than ~10, depending on how the game unfolds early ... for example, if STL is down by 24 points at the half based on a big start from Brees, I could possibly see Bell getting a lot of "garbage time" work in the 2nd half.

Anyways ... this decision seems a bit of a coin toss, and a risk vs reward choice for you ... if you think you HAVE to get 100+ yards from your RB slot to win your FF game this week, then PT is the play ... but if all you expect to need is a "safe" ~65 yards then CedBen is your guy. I don't have the same options as you (Jacobs on bye) this week so will be using Benson in the 1 league where I have him - and his performance this year has been very "match up neutral", he's getting his numbers each week no matter who CIN is playing, making this a far tougher call ... but if I had the PT vs Benson option, would likely roll with PT for this week.

Edited by ts

Hard to do it, but matchups (Benson @ Pitt; Thomas @ St. Lou) might support it.

bell and bush should get plenty of carries in this game,thomas may get rested if no builds any kind of lead...on the other hand benson will be in there full force against a tough pitt d .benson is yet to really have a poor showing..go with the flow benson..

I would be hard pressed to bench Benson, ever. He's proven to be a monster back......but, this is an ultimate scenario for PT this week and a horrid match up for Benson. Pitt will do everything in their power to shut the run game down and force Palmer to beat them in the air. PT will get the majority of the production and should get 70+ yards on the ground and 40+ yards in the air with at least 1 TD this week.

I would honestly have to go with PT over Benson this week.

Please see mine: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=307935