[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Snelling vs Forsett

RussMan

As we head into ff playoff run finding a serviceable RB on the waiver wire is huge.

We don't know the extent of Turner's injuries yet. J Jones has a broken rib and bleeding in the lungs.

Turner will miss at least a week and if its a high ankle sprain could be out a month. Jones will probably be out at least 2 weeks and when returns will be wearing a flack jacket and will feel ever tackle so should be limited.

Forsett shouldnt have much competition for carries until Jones can return. Even when Jones does return Forsett could earn a bigger share of the carries base on his performance (and Jones lack thereof).

Snelling has Jerious Norwood is talented but is nursing a hip injury.

Looking at the schedules both have a good matchup in week 12 - Forsett - @MIN, @STL, SF, @HOU.

Snelling - @NYG, TB, PHI, NO

Tough call which guy is the best to pickup... the results of Turners MRI could be the key.

ATL also has Stecker.

Still I'd take Snelling Salts (insert Chris Berman voice here HAHA LOL etc ........OK sorry) over Don't Forsett (LMAO OMG I crack myself up). Better team and have a hunch he's a better, more "legit" back. Forsett has been hyped more than once yet keeps bouncing from team to team.

ATL also has Stecker.

Still I'd take Snelling Salts (insert Chris Berman voice here HAHA LOL etc ........OK sorry) over Don't Forsett (LMAO OMG I crack myself up). Better team and have a hunch he's a better, more "legit" back. Forsett has been hyped more than once yet keeps bouncing from team to team.

Atlanta cut Stecker.

Forsett does not bounce from team to team. He went from Seattle to Indy back to Seattle (all happening in 2008) and that is where he has stayed. In addition he is a returner and is good in the receiving game.

Snelling will get his chances but that team isn't looking so hot.

Personally, I would take Forestt.

ATL also has Stecker.

ATL cut Stecker last week....unless they resigned him today

I think I like Forsett a little better myself.....Julius was terrible before he got hurt. The kicker for me is, I just traded Pierre Thomas, weakening my depth at RB, so now with Turner out, I may be screwed. Then I dropped Forsett for Betts earlier this week. At least I still have Chris Johnson.

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports that Michael Turner has been diagnosed with a high ankle sprain.

However, Glazer says the Falcons are "very optimistic" that Turner's injuy isn't as serious as most high ankle sprains. Turner has virtually no history of injuries and is only 27, so he figures to recover quickly. Still, Jason Snelling is a fair bet to pick up multiple starts. Jerious Norwood's (hip) status is uncertain for Week 11, but he'll also be worth adding in most leagues.

Coach Jim Mora said Monday that Julius Jones does not have a broken rib, as initially feared, and the Seahawks expect him to recovery "quickly."

Mora, always overly optimistic about injuries, again put on rose-colored glasses when assessing Jones' status. "It's a bruise causing bleeding in his lungs," he said. "It doesn't appear...real serious. It's serious obviously or he wouldn't be in a hospital, but it's something he'll recover from quickly." Jones is questionable at best for Week 11, and we'd bet against him playing.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that Jerious Norwood and Jason Snelling "would split carries" against the Giants in Week 11 if Michael Turner (high ankle sprain) is unable to play.

However, the paper also acknowledges that Norwood (hip strain) only began running last week. It's safe to assume that Snelling and Norwood would share the backfield equally if Norwood was healthy, but he hasn't played or practiced in a month. Snelling is a much better bet for fantasy production -- and goal-line carries -- even if Norwood returns to the field this week.

Updating a previous item, Seahawks coach Jim Mora admitted that Julius Jones (rib, lung) is unlikely to play in Week 11.

"At this point, I’d say it’s unlikely that he’d be cleared to play Sunday," Mora said. Justin Forsett will start at Minnesota, and possibly in Week 12 at St. Louis. Mora also confirmed that Julius has a bruised lung and a potentially cracked rib.

Edited by RussMan

Atlanta cut Stecker.

Forsett does not bounce from team to team. He went from Seattle to Indy back to Seattle (all happening in 2008) and that is where he has stayed. In addition he is a returner and is good in the receiving game.

Snelling will get his chances but that team isn't looking so hot.

Personally, I would take Forestt.

My bad, thx for corrections/updates. I thought Forsett bounced around more than that.

I'd still take Snelling.

Fantasy football free agents: Priority additionsThe following players should be high on your radar and are worthy of being added immediately to your fantasy football team.

Justin Forsett, Seattle Seahawks (80 percent)

There's no telling how long Julius Jones (rib, lung) will be out, but you can bet he won't be rushed. Forsett filled in admirably for him against the difficult-to-violate Arizona Cardinals; the second-year Cal product rushed 17 times for 123 yards (plus a touchdown) and caught five balls for 26 more.

May the Forsett be with you

Those in point-per-reception formats may have been stashing him after the release of Edgerrin James. It feels good now, eh? The 5-foot-8, 194-pounder impressed head coach Jim Mora and could serve as a stouter version of former Mora favorite Warrick Dunn the rest of the way.

Jason Snelling, Atlanta Falcons (95 percent)

In Week 10, Michael Turner sustained what may be a severe ankle injury. Snelling piled up 93 total yards and a score in The Burner's stead. Before Snelling strained his hamstring and sat out the previous two contests, Atlanta had planned to involve him more; witness his seven carries for 68 yards against Dallas in Week 7. Now he may be the lead. Jerious Norwood is a complement and dealing with a hip flexor injury.

Justin Forsett: This one is a no-brainer, and it ties directly into the previous note about Julius Jones. Forsett managed a 100-yard game in relief of Jones and scored a touchdown versus a Cardinals defense that had excelled against the run earlier this season. Forsett is a capable pass-catcher, and with matchups coming against the Rams (Week 12) and Texans (Week 14), he'll please those owners who nab him with the top waiver pick if he's given the start in those games.

• As mentioned in the intro, your top pickups (after Forsett) will surely be Jason Snelling of the Falcons and Bernard Scott of the Bengals, pending the midweek health reports of the men ahead of them on the depth chart.

--------------------------

(Free agent -- 79 percent): I've been selling Forsett in this spot for weeks, but his ownership on NFL.com has still gone down. After an impressive 123-yard, one-touchdown performance against the Cardinals, however, I guarantee that will change in a hurry. With RB Julius Jones injured, Forsett is certain to see more work for the Seahawks. He has added fantasy value in PPR formats as well.

(Free agent -- 95 percent) With superstar RB Michael Turner injured and in danger of missing at least one game, Snelling is going to be a huge name on the fantasy waiver wire this week. He'll take over the top spot on the Falcons depth chart if Turner is forced out, and he proved against the Panthers that he can make a major impact. In fact, Snelling could be a viable flex starter against the Giants in Week 11.

When asked if Justin Forsett has a carry limit, Seahawks coach Jim Mora said, "Good question. We're going to find out, because he's going to be carrying the ball a lot this week."

Forsett and Louis Rankin will be the primary ball carriers this week, but expect Forsett to get the majority of the work. His 5'8 frame is a concern but he's shifty enough to avoid big hits.

I'd go with Forsett esp if you're in a PPR league.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=308280

+1 in PPR it's gotta be Forsett- he's been targeted 8 times each of the past 2 games as a receiver- so even if he puts up say 4 catches for 40 yards that's like 80 extra rushing yds. in a 1 pt. per format. add in whatever rushing yards and you can never predict td's and you have a lot of upside at least which combined with opportunity is all you can really forecast for.