[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Scholarship Hunting

nuke'em ttg

Just found this out:

When talking to schools, do not tell them that you are definitely going to attend their institution. Tell them that you are considering attending them but it will be dependent on how much financial aid/scholarship money/etc. that that schools gives here. The schools are competing for the best students and they will give less money to a student who is going to come there anyway than they would give to a student who is considering going somewhere else.

:D Thanks for the info wiegie.....she has it down ta 4 schools all private......seems i'm not in Dire Straights she has been doin all she can do and on time......wouldn't expect any less from my little girl ......guess she's growin up and got it goin on without her daddy holdin her hand....as for me...I WANT ANSWERS AND I WANT'EM NOW.....SIGNED SEAL DELIVERED ....NEXT :D some things i'm not suited for :wacko:

My daughter (senior) is in the middle of college search right now. She scored a 1930 on her SAT and a 32 on her ACT, unfortunately she is just out of the top 25 percentile in her school (with her 3.96 whatever GPA - very good school district with a top notch class this year).

She is primarily interested in the smaller private DIII schools with high academic requirements. We have found that these schools offer scholarships to their students based on their scores and GPA. The schools she is most interested in attending (private) will cost about $40K per year to attend (tuition + room) ... based on her scores she is likely to qualify for $15K to $20K per year. After that I will apply for financial add using the FASFA application process. This is a process that gauges my financial need and will offer additional aide.

We are also attempting to find other non-related scholarships - for instance she qualifies for a scholarship of $1000 (one-time) simply for having participated in the local softball association AND attending college.

If we could talk her into a similiar public DIII school we could likely get her whole education paid for ...