[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cops shot a guy 250 feet from where I watched the game last night

polksalet

Sounds like the southside of Longview. Bowie county, huh. Go Longview Lobos...all the way to state! (of course we will probably loose to Austin Lake Travis again this year) Garrett Gilbert is their QB and he is the next big deal for Mack Brown.

:wacko: Garrett Gilbert is already well out of high school and the incumbent starter for the Longhorns.

:wacko: Garrett Gilbert is already well out of high school and the incumbent starter for the Longhorns.

I tell ya the guy Austin Lake Travis has in there now looks just like him...they will probably win 4A again. Mack Brown has got him somethin there. Will he be replacing McCoy? I remember the Jevan Snead/Colt McCoy arguement....

I tell ya the guy Austin Lake Travis has in there now looks just like him...they will probably win 4A again. Mack Brown has got him somethin there. Will he be replacing McCoy? I remember the Jevan Snead/Colt McCoy arguement....

Gilbert will likely be the starter next year over Sherrod Martin. While he did run for 774 yards and 23 TDs at Lake Travis, he's not the runner that McCoy is. Gilbert is 6'4" and more of a "traditional" pocket passer. Next year will be interesting for the Horns. The running game will be better and the defense will be sick, but it's going to take a year or so for Gilbert to really shine.

E2A: Sorry for the hijack; cops having to draw down on Thanksgiving is never a good thing

Edited by darin3