[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Portis keeper material?

RJV

In a 12 team league where we can keep 3 players I was considering on Portis for next season as a keeper along with Ronnie Brown and Jennings, even tho Jennings hasn't panned out like I thought he would. Any thoughts?

As of now with the pickups i made for the substitutions of both Brown and Portis out is as follows: Mandatory Keep 3. Doesnt cost anything to keep. I need to keep 3 no matter what. I don't need to pick keepers till next Aug. so no worries.

I was only getting a feel for the situation being that he is on IR now. I am thinking he is not going to be a feasible keeper next year and the future.

QB

Romo

RB

Portis

R.Brown

C. Williams

M. Bell

J. Snelling

WR

G. Jennings

S. Smith(CAR)

K. Britt

R. Meachem

B. Berrian

TE

B. Celek

D. Keller

Thanks for the help guys, and sorry for putting it in the wrong forum. I must of clicked it wrongly.

Edited by RJV

I would be very hesitant to keeping him but it depends on who else you have to select from, if you must keep 3 and who else you believe you can get if you don't keep him.

This, it is a factor of the keeper rules of the league and the rest of your roster.

Lacking those details, then I would say the answer is yes, as realistically every player is potentially keeper material depending on the details of the league rules and the particular team's situation.

Does it cost anything to keep a player or are they all on equal footing? Meaning, do you lose a draft pick from the round they were selected?

Also, when do you have to elect your keepers? With a player like Portis it will definitely benefit from waiting until a few preseason games have been played before deciding.

Also, does your league traditionally keep mostly RB's with a few top WR's? Depending on rules, scoring, etc. I could see cases being made for Romo, Smith and Celek.

I'll add to the questions:

Other than the question about cost to keep (though when omitted I assume there is no cost), when you need to declare and the league tendencies on keepers:

1. What is your scoring system?

2. What are your lineup requirements?

3. Can you make trades prior to declaring keepers?

I could grab Jerome Harrison off the WW with Lewis retiring after this season. 12 team league and drained. All else is basically drained off the WW.

Edited by RJV

Can you still trade? if so, I'd go after Greene, then perhaps Wells. Definitely DeAngelo Williams since he's hurt. I'd give anyone two players on your rosters for Greene or DW.

Yes Ill make some inquiries this week. Thank for the help guys.