[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How out of touch am I?

wiegie

lol--I don't have one of those either

(Given what I saw on the drive back from St. Louis for Thanksgiving, I might be the only person in America who doesn't have one of them.)

Don't have that either.

i really never use it. but last winter it came in huge. the skyway was closed on our way to mi. just shut down, traffic was at a stand still due to ice. we got off and detoured thru northern indiana. couldnt have done it without the nav.

Twilight= Forced to watch with the wife :vomit:

Jersey Shore= No

The Hills= Hell no

Here are popular things that I don't own and don't really care that I don't own:

a high-def tv (my "newest" tv is one I bought in 1993)= Just bought a 50 inch plasma last month

a video game system (although I do have an old Nintendo NES system in my closet)= I have my orginal playstation . . gathering dust

a smart-phone (my wife and I share a "pay as you go trac-fone")= Blackberry Pearl

an iPod (or other MP3 player)= Just got a Ipod Nano for my B-day last month

a kindle (or any other e-book reader)= No

I upgraded to a few real nice HD LED TVs when we moved in to the new house. My regret now is that I did not splurge on a surround sound system. Now it will be difficult to convince my wife to invest in one, plus the hassel of running wires now that we have had the house pointed and new hardwood floors put in ( :shakeshead: why couldn't I have done it when the floors were up and the rooms not yet painted )

we bought a house in june. seriously, one of my concerns was how i was going to run speaker wire around the family room in a way that wouldn't piss off my wife. before me moved in, the guy we were buying the house from (i'd say he was in his 60s) took us on a walkthrough to give us the ins and outs. he shows me how they put in new carpet last year and he made sure to run speaker wire under the carpet to the back of the room for surround sound. that was awesome.

however, i did come across this:

http://sewelldirect.com/Taperwire-Super-Fl...25-ft-Clear.asp

it's speaker wire you tape to the wall and can paint over it. that was what i was considering before the walkthrough.

as for the other stuff, i know of those movies/shows but haven't watched any of them.

a high-def tv (my "newest" tv is one I bought in 1993)

we have two

a video game system (although I do have an old Nintendo NES system in my closet)

i've had an atari, NES, super NES, sega genesis, sony playstation, sega dreamcast, XBOX, PS2, gamecube, PS3, xbox 360 and wii. and all the game boy/nintendo handhelds. oh, and psp. :wacko:

a smart-phone (my wife and I share a "pay as you go trac-fone")

my wife and i have Blackberrys.

an iPod (or other MP3 player)

i have the second-generation ipod from 2002. :D i don't listen to it anymore.

a kindle (or any other e-book reader)

i only read magazines on the can. :D

Here is a list of things that I don't know a thing about except for the title:

Twilight

Jersey Shore

The Hills

twilight I just know about because these insufferable people talking about it all the time; haven't seen it and certainly don't care to. the hills, I have no idea what that is. but jersey shore is kind of awesome. it's basically that old youtube new haircut video sprung to life. I caught some trailer for it on the internets somewhere and figured the first episode would be enough of a delicious train wreck to DVR, and boy was I right. sure it's kind of a sad commentary on our society, but, well, it's entertaining :wacko:

Here are popular things that I don't own and don't really care that I don't own:

a video game system (although I do have an old Nintendo NES system in my closet)

Anybody else as out of touch as I am?

wow you're like some sort of nerd ascetic. I don't have a kindle, because I just don't read enough books these days to justify it, and when I do I kinda like fluffing through pages. maybe someday, but hard to see myself wanting one in the forseeable future. I do have an HDTV, 2 video game systems (wii and ps3, which I rarely have time to play anymore), and an iphone (smart-phone AND ipod). gadgets are fun :D

Edited by Azazello1313

• 1 month later...

I got a Kindle for my birthday, it actually came late, so I didn't get it until this past Friday. I read a book on it this week end, and I love it! Anyone that does a lot of reading will love it. It is not like reading a monitor at all, it emits no light at all, there is no glare or eye strain. Most of the books you get about a dollar or two cheaper than you would in paper back, and the Kindle itself will hold either 100 or 1000 I forget which on the device itself, and Amazon keeps a "vault" of every book you've bought so you can re-download it for free. There is no fee to download the books, as it is included int he cost of the books. I read a ton, and my wife is always complaining about the books all over the house so that takes care of that. You can also underline text and add your own footnotes to the text as well to save. Another option I like is if you come upon a word you don't know it has a built in dictionary. I'm the type that if I ever come a cross a word I don't know I have to look it up, so this saves me some time as well. You can also change the size of text and the number of words per line to make it more comfortable for you.

Twilight= No way, shape, or form

Jersey Shore= Hell Yes

The Hills= yes

a high-def tv (my "newest" tv is one I bought in 1993)= one in living room and 1 in bedroom

a video game system (although I do have an old Nintendo NES system in my closet)= PS2. played 3 times.

a smart-phone (my wife and I share a "pay as you go trac-fone")= Blackberry

an iPod (or other MP3 player)= 4g Nano

a kindle (or any other e-book reader)=no

Twilight

Jersey Shore

The Hills

I don't even know wth you're talking about here. Movies? I barely know what comes out anymore and never go to theaters.

I have a HD TV (mostly just because it came with when I needed a new one). Don't have a video system or ipod. The rest I also don't even know wth you are talking about. Seriously. I have a cell phone. Caller ID and voicemail. Speakerphone. About it and suits me fine.

I also don't have any blue-ray, blue-tooth, blue- anything (don't say it :wacko: ). Or (gasp) GPS.

People are waaaaaaay too into their little gizmos nowdays IMO. To each their own

Twilight = never

Jersey Shore = awesome

The Hills = no

a high-def tv (my "newest" tv is one I bought in 1993) = 4

a video game system (although I do have an old Nintendo NES system in my closet) = Wii

a smart-phone (my wife and I share a "pay as you go trac-fone") = iPhone

an iPod (or other MP3 player) = yes

a kindle (or any other e-book reader) = no

Anybody else as out of touch as I am? no