[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 17 Games

Jackass

NE @ Houston: HOU -8

Cincy @ NYJ: NYJ -10

In general, bettors are ahead of the curve, although there's always the chance they're wrong. This tells me that there's a good chance neither team is going to play to win. I guess the week or rest is more valuable than the difference b/t the 3 and 4 seed.

If this holds up, Jets walk into the playoffs will be easier than Jenna Jameson after a couple of cocktails.

According to what the Boston globe reports coming out of Coach BIll's mouth he said he will play to win the game and he would not even think of doing it any other way.

I will take NE+8 in a heartbeat lock of the year right there folks

Moss did not make the Pro Bowl I can see 2-3 TD's from him

Thinking this over, i think both cincy and NE tank their games. They would both rather be the 4 seed and play the Jets who will be the 5 seed if they win, rather than potentially play a team like Balty or Pitt. So that pretty much guarantees a Jets playoff berth.

The Jets have the #1 defense in the league with a pretty darn good offensive line. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I'd welcome facing them in the playoffs any more than Baltimore or Pittsburgh. Of course, Sanchez is easily worse than Ben or Flacco. I also don't think they'd prefer to play a divisional opponent either. Plus, you never know with NE...

That being said, I hope NE plays Brian Hoyer most of the game. If Houston wins, it gives the Broncos a better chance of making the playoffs, as the tiebreaker scenario favors Denver more.

According to what the Boston globe reports coming out of Coach BIll's mouth he said he will play to win the game and he would not even think of doing it any other way.

I will take NE+8 in a heartbeat lock of the year right there folks

Moss did not make the Pro Bowl I can see 2-3 TD's from him

I didn't see anything where Bill explicitly said that. He usually doesn't say anything worthwhile, so i'd be surprised to see that.

i would think at LEAST one of the 2 teams (cinci or ne) would like the 3 seed and a shot to play an extra game at home later in the playoffs....

that being said i love the pats +8, if i never saw the line i would have guessed pats +2.5,,,the bengals game sounds about right , even if the pats lose and the bengals try to win i could see them losing by 2 scores,,, but if i had to i would take the bengals + the points

also if the pats pull off the win i would think that line would drastically drop so you try to jump before kickoff

maybe im missing something but yea i thought the pats were playing to win this week

I didn't see anything where Bill explicitly said that. He usually doesn't say anything worthwhile, so i'd be surprised to see that.

Tom Brady - QB - Patriots

Coach Bill Belichick suggested Tuesday that the Patriots will not be resting healthy starters against the Texans this week.

"That's not really something we've done, and in all honesty I wouldn't even anticipate doing it," Belichick said. The Pats under Belichick have been loathe to mess with potential playoff implications around the league, and the Texans remain in the Wild Card hunt. December 29 - 1:04 p.m. ET

Tom Brady - QB - Patriots

Coach Bill Belichick suggested Tuesday that the Patriots will not be resting healthy starters against the Texans this week.

"That's not really something we've done, and in all honesty I wouldn't even anticipate doing it," Belichick said. The Pats under Belichick have been loathe to mess with potential playoff implications around the league, and the Texans remain in the Wild Card hunt. December 29 - 1:04 p.m. ET

Here's the whole quote. Just remember this is Bill Belicheck we're talking about.

That’s not really something we’ve done, and in all honesty I wouldn’t even anticipate doing it… having that discussion right now,” Belichick said. “What’s going to happen now is we’re going to go through the game plan, players come in tomorrow, and everybody is going to get ready to play. That’s how we’re going to approach it.”

So, everybody is going to get ready to play. But will everybody play?

“Whoever plays, plays,” Belichick continued. “Whoever doesn’t play, doesn’t play. It’s like that every week. We could go out there the first play of the game, something could happen. Someone else could be in there. Everybody needs to be ready to go all the time.”