[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going to my cousin's funeral tomorrow

polksalet

No sympathies needed here, he had a long and great life. He and my Grandad who passed away three years ago were to of the last three of that crew. Leo was 97, Grandad was 94, and Mack is 98 I think. This family lives so long it is almost a shock that someone actually dies. It is almost as extreme on my dad's side. His dad lived til mid 80's and only died because he refused to take any kind of medication haha. I don't know if I am blessed of cursed by having genes like this.

RIP Leo

http://latimerfuneralhome.com/140/Charlie-Puryear-Memorial

Man, that longevity is incredible. Glad you guys have the perspective on it you do. Celebrate the man's life!

And I guess we can look forward to something like 50 more years of polky here. :D

WV captures both the thoughts I had. :D

Celebration of a life indeed. :wacko:

I was thinking about this just now and thought I would chart the ages and deaths of some of my ancestors

Great grandpa 80something of leukemia. He had 6 brothers who died of leukemia during a 2 year stetch. Two died of it in boot camp for WWI. In WWII the department of war came and tested the family farm for uranium. No one still has any idea why leukemia hit them like that.

His wife died at 99 after she broke hip in a fall and died of pneumonia. They lost both daughters to Spanish Flu epidemic.

Their son was my grandpa who died at 94 of cancer. He went from fulltime work at 90 to only working 20 hours per week. He was ran over by an illegal alien in the parking lots when he was 92 and hung it up.

Their other son died a couple of years back at 92. He worked until 80's as pharmacist. He contracted pancreatic cancer and never told anyone, no one so as not to worry them. He never took any meds of any kind until two days before he died when they gave him morphine for pain.

My grandma was born with some rather striking birth defects. Her belly button was really high and at the time no one knew anything was that odd. In the 80's she was xrayd and it was determined that she lacked a pericardium and he heart was upside down. She died of an accidental potassium overdose at 87. Her dad was hit by a train at 70 something and her mom died of alzheimer's at 90.

On the other side my great grandpa died at 80ish. He reportedly "fell dead" while climbing a mountain. His wife died at 90ish.

One great grandpa died at 90ish. He outlived three wives. The last he married when he was 65. He bought her off the reservation when she was 14. They had 10 kids and she died in a mental institution at 30ish.

Grandma died at 85 after being around 350 pounds for 30 years.

Come to think of it none of her siblings died before 80 as far as I know and my grandpa had 11 and more lived to 90 than not. I guess living in south Arkansas and the Texas gulf coast clean out all weak gene bearers hahaha.