[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints - Vikings redoux?

rajncajn

This could be very interesting. I'd love to see part two of this series as the opener. I wonder, though, if this will help Favre with his decision to retire. :oldrazz:

http://min.scout.com/2/947019.html

Vikings, Saints likely in season opener

By John Holler

VikingUpdate.com

Posted Feb 17, 2010

The Saints were given the primetime season-opening game this year, but their opponent hasn’t been determined. We break down why the Vikings make so much sense.

Add the NFL to the list of those on Favre Watch ’10.

On Tuesday, the league made official what Viking Update had speculated last week, that the champion New Orleans Saints would host the Thursday night prime time regular season opener for the 2010 year. An opponent wasn’t listed, but the league confirmed that the Saints will play at the Superdome in the season’s debut game.

It shouldn’t have come as any great shock that the Saints got the game. Since the 2004 season, the defending Super Bowl champs have hosted the NFL Kickoff opener every year. The opponent won’t be announced until the first portions of the 2010 schedule – the announcement of the opening weekend games that include a Thursday night, Sunday night and two Monday night games – but we can pretty accurately drop the list of candidates to two. Say what you want about the other potential 2010 home opponents of the Saints, but only two that make any sense are the Vikings and the Steelers.

the Starcaps case with the William's Wall is going to go a long way in determining whether Favre comes back. As of today it still sounds up in the air.

I know Favre would love to come back for this game, I agree that week 1 will be Minny-NO, but I can't see him playing on a team that is badly handicapped for 25% of the season.

the Starcaps case with the William's Wall is going to go a long way in determining whether Favre comes back. As of today it still sounds up in the air.

I know Favre would love to come back for this game, I agree that week 1 will be Minny-NO, but I can't see him playing on a team that is badly handicapped for 25% of the season.

I kinda doubt missing two DT's for four games is going to have much sway in Favre's decision.