[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles release 2 more vets

Scourge

Not too many old heads left on this team now.. Rumors swirling that Gocong might be traded to the Browns. Looks like a re-org to me. I still think McNabb is going to get traded. The front office is obviously trying to get the team younger. Time will tell.

Not too many old heads left on this team now.. Rumors swirling that Gocong might be traded to the Browns. Looks like a re-org to me. I still think McNabb is going to get traded. The front office is obviously trying to get the team younger. Time will tell.

I think that with the recent moves the Eagles have made the writing is on the wall for McNabb to get traded...

they aren't worried about this year at all....they seem to be more worried about 2011 and I wouldn't be shocked to see McNabb traded AFTER draft day for picks in the 2011 draft and a young player who can help....

Eagles want a 1st for McNabb at least and that's the only way they'll get it - if it's a 2011 1st round pick...

None of these moves shock me and none tell me that McNabb is going to be traded....last year the Eagles were the 2nd youngest team in the league so this isn't about getting younger....The Andrews cut shouldn't have surprised anyone and really neither should the Curtis or Howard cuts....I believe that both were due a decent size rosgter bonus.....Curtis was made expendable due to DJax and Maclin and Avant has shown that he can be a part of the offense....hence the extension he got....Howard was a role/depth player and nothing more...we got more out of him during his stint here than most probably ever expected.....as for the Gocong rumor...it wouldn't shock me to see him traded away because the team does have the confidence in Foiku(sp?) to be their starting SLB.

None of these moves shock me and none tell me that McNabb is going to be traded....last year the Eagles were the 2nd youngest team in the league so this isn't about getting younger....The Andrews cut shouldn't have surprised anyone and really neither should the Curtis or Howard cuts....I believe that both were due a decent size rosgter bonus.....Curtis was made expendable due to DJax and Maclin and Avant has shown that he can be a part of the offense....hence the extension he got....Howard was a role/depth player and nothing more...we got more out of him during his stint here than most probably ever expected.....as for the Gocong rumor...it wouldn't shock me to see him traded away because the team does have the confidence in Foiku(sp?) to be their starting SLB.

majority of the FO wants to trade Mcnabb and it's pretty much just Andy Reid holding a deal back...

they are obviously making a strong push towards getting a lot younger and they didn't make any big splashes so far in Free Agency which means they aren't making any type of push this year other than what they did last year which is go into the playoffs and lose...

the next move is trade McNabb and start the Kolb era....Reid just has attachment to McNabb because he drafted him as soon as he got here...but the ideal move will be to trade McNabb for picks next year and sign Kolb long term...

it's what the FO wants to do...

majority of the FO wants to trade Mcnabb and it's pretty much just Andy Reid holding a deal back...

they are obviously making a strong push towards getting a lot younger and they didn't make any big splashes so far in Free Agency which means they aren't making any type of push this year other than what they did last year which is go into the playoffs and lose...

the next move is trade McNabb and start the Kolb era....Reid just has attachment to McNabb because he drafted him as soon as he got here...but the ideal move will be to trade McNabb for picks next year and sign Kolb long term...

it's what the FO wants to do...

we could go round and round about this so I will just end it with you have your opinion and I have mine.

Eagles love kicking old vets to the curb. Terribly disloyal..

stinky bait there whomp....you know it is how the game is played...the birds have made some very tough decisions on vets in the past and been

right more often than not....As much as I hated to see Dawkins go I thought it was the right move....he ended up having a great year in Denver and I was happy for him....as a fan it is always hard to see vets (more so icons) cast aside but that is the nature of the business...As nice a player as Curtis is/was it was easily seen the offense could click without him and on the DL like I said we got more out of Howard than anyone ever probably expected.

stinky bait there whomp....you know it is how the game is played...the birds have made some very tough decisions on vets in the past and been

right more often than not....As much as I hated to see Dawkins go I thought it was the right move....he ended up having a great year in Denver and I was happy for him....as a fan it is always hard to see vets (more so icons) cast aside but that is the nature of the business...As nice a player as Curtis is/was it was easily seen the offense could click without him and on the DL like I said we got more out of Howard than anyone ever probably expected.

:wacko: I suck at this